UW Oshkosh interactive Web management (IWM) graduates are technologically savvy and know how to leverage the best online practices, including social media, to give their employers a competitive edge in the marketplace or start their own high-technology businesses.
The IWM major is an interdisciplinary, cutting edge program that focuses on the design, development, delivery and management of social media and other interactive web-based applications.
You also will be able to think about a web-based user experience all the way from the business problem through the technical setup of the server software and Web development to a personalized user experience in a well-designed Web system.
As an IWM major, you will be able to:
- Design, create and manage rich and interactive collaborative technologies that enable creation and sharing of user-generated content and collaboration among users.
- Apply online marketing, advertising and public relations strategies, including: search engine optimization, social network penetration, user analytics and other methods to brand and promote an organization.
- Develop operational plans for harnessing emerging technologies to support business strategy and enhance the productivity of organizations.
- Identify and develop ideas for new interactive technology products and services.
- Use modern multimedia tools to create and manipulate a range of rich digital multimedia.
- Manage technology infrastructures to support delivery of interactive technologies.
- Design and implement data collection and sharing mechanisms using modern database techniques.
- Analyze and address ethical considerations of interactive technologies and online communities.
- Apply state-of-the-art measures to provide privacy, security and protection of information assets.