Objective: To continue supporting our successes in academics through faculty development focused on teaching sustainability and conducting sustainability-focused research.
Legitimize sustainability research and build faculty interest, capacity, and participation
- Hold NSF-type workshops to include:
- participatory (include stakeholders)
- Begin regular sustainability seminar series (bringing in outside speakers) focused on cutting edge research in sustainability
- Provide incentives for faculty to do sustainability research
- Work with Faculty Development to provide special funds/incentives for people submitting proposals for sustainability research. Perhaps modeled after the External Grants Expansion Program, where faculty get a chunk of money to help them develop a proposal that will be submitted to a large external funder (e.g., NSF)?
- Develop collaborative faculty-student research programs focused on sustainability
- Work with new initiatives (e.g., REI, Veissmann partnership) to provide funding or other support for sustainability research by our faculty
- Apply for NSF funding or other external grants to support institutional sustainability research