UW Oshkosh Today can deliver details about University of Wisconsin Oshkosh events to alumni, faculty, staff and students at the click of a mouse.
In addition, University events that are open to the public are included in a monthly announcement sent to regional media.
But before this information can be distributed, the editors need to know what is going on. Follow these steps to promote your next event through UW Oshkosh Today:
Public Events Calendar
If the event is open to the public, fill out the form at www.uwosh.edu/imc/media-relations/public-event-submission.
- Event will be added to the Public Events calendar (www.uwosh.edu/home/events).
- Select events will appear in the Upcoming Events section on the University’s homepage (www.uwosh.edu).
- Information submitted four weeks in advance will be included in a monthly news release sent to regional media.
If the event is not open to the public — or if you want to include more information about a public event — submit an announcement at www.uwosh.edu/today/?page_id=74.
- The article will considered for publication in the Announcements section of UW Oshkosh Today (www.uwosh.edu/news/?cat=14).
- The topic will be considered for a full feature.
- Some events will be assigned to a photographer and published as a “Seen on campus.” Event coordinators always have the option of photographing their own events and submitting them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WRST and Titan TV
Information submitted for the Public Events Calendar or the Announcements section will be included in the Campus and Community Calendar segment broadcast throughout the day on WRST, 90.3 FM, as well as Titan TV.
For more information about UW Oshkosh Today, call David Williams at (920) 424-2067 or send e-mail to email@example.com.