Welcome to the Art Department
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Art Department is committed to the mission of the University and the mission of the UW System. The specific objectives of the unified areas of the Art Department are:
- To provide a curriculum grounded in the pursuit of a liberal arts education;
- To instill in our students an inclusive and broad understanding of how they may interact with the professional art world as practitioners, educators, supporters and leaders;
- To provide a curriculum that offers the non-art major the opportunity to achieve a rich appreciation and understanding of the vital role that art plays and has played in human culture;
- To offer a variety of art programs to the University and the surrounding community;
- To provide a quality education in art by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff of excellent teachers, dedicated to the pursuit of their creative work, research and community outreach;
- To develop and maintain modern facilities and technologies that foster a keen learning environment.