Select Page

Sexual Misconduct Reporting & Referral Forms

Victim/Survivor Advocacy

Experiencing any form of interpersonal or sexual violence can have a serious impact on a person’s ability to cope with day-to-day activities.

An advocate helps victims/survivors explore their options, understand their rights, and connect with other resources and people to build a network of support.

Services are confidential and do not require you to report. Services are offered to students at no cost. An advocate can provide you with services if any of the following forms of violence have occurred: 

Sexual assault 

Intimate partner violence 


Sexual harassment 

Reach Counseling provides services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for victims of sexual assault or abuse, their families and friends. Services are available to all regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, or disability.  

Below are some of the ways an advocate can assist you:

Medical Advocacy
  • Help you understand your medical options after a sexual or physical assault.
  • Accompany you to the hospital for a SANE Exam/Medical Forensic Exam.
  • Advocate for your needs and/or concerns while at the hospital.
  • Accompany you to follow-up appointments.
Legal Advocacy
  • Help answer questions about legal and reporting options available to you in regards to rape/sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking and/or harassment.
  • Accompany you when filing a police report or to any legal court proceedings (such as Restraining Order hearings or court case hearings).
  • Explain and clarify the judicial process.
  • Assist in filling out and submitting any legal paperwork, such as Restraining Orders and Victim Impact Statements.
  • Act as a liaison between you and the legal system (police officers, district attorneys).
  • Provide support and advocacy during the court process. 
University Advocacy
  • Help you understand the University investigative process for incidents of rape/sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking and/or harassment.
    • This is separate from any legal process or police reports.
  • Accompany you to file an official report  to the Title IX Coordinator and to any further meetings.
  • Assist in obtaining support and resources such as:
    • adding/dropping/switching classes
    • moving residence hall buildings/rooms
    • requesting no-contact orders, etc.
    • on-campus healthcare and counseling
Personal Advocacy
  • Discuss your thoughts and feelings after incidents of rape/sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking and/or harassment.
  • Help you create a safety plan in case you feel in danger/threatened.
  • Discuss rape culture and how it manifests on a college campus.
  • Have a conversation with you and friends/families/partners to help navigate any changes in the relationship or to help others understand some of the things you may be going through.
  • Help explain your options to friends/families/partners and advocate for your decisions. YOU have the right to choose whatever decisions you feel are best in that moment.
  • Provide you with community resources.
  • Provide car rides to doctor appointments, SANEs, the police station, etc.
What to do if You Recently Experienced Sexual Violence
  • Go to Aurora (or any ER) with the same clothes on for a SANE exam. If you do not have the clothes on, bring them in a bag

    • SANEs do not mean that you are reporting, they are free and provide you with any necessary healthcare needed. 

    • If you do not have a means of transportation, a Reach advocate can provide you with a ride. 

  • Other options: 

    • Call UWOPD, Oshkosh Police or Reach’s 24/7 line: (920) 722-8150