Called To Active Duty




Received Orders? Your education will still be here for you.


Any student who is called to active service during a semester has several options besides withdrawing from the classes. Please contact the VRC to discuss these possibilities or see the Activation/Deployment checklist.

Students are responsible for notifying faculty members of such circumstances as far in advance as possible and for providing documentation to the instructor to verify the reason for the absence.

The faculty member is responsible to provide reasonable accommodations or opportunities to make up exams or other course assignments that have an impact on the course grade.


To withdraw from all courses for the current semester, please complete the following form: This withdrawal means:

  • A full refund of all academic tuition and segregated fees.
  • No course credits or course grades will be awarded.


Re-Entry of Service Members

Service members who left UW Oshkosh due to military obligations will be readmitted with the same academic status as they had when last attending UWO or when accepted for admission to UWO if there is no attendance. This requirement applies to any student who cannot attend school due to military service. 

When you return to UW Oshkosh, fill out the application for re-entry at – click Apply Now. There is no application fee for re-entry. If you took any classes at another institution while activated, please send an official transcript to the Admissions Office. 

Once you are re-admitted, you should meet with your Academic/Faculty Advisor to discuss what courses to enroll in.


If you have received activation/deployment orders, please fill out the form below.


Activation/Deployment Form

  • Student ID Number
    Are you currently using any veteran education benefits? (Select all that apply)
  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Status of student's enrollment decision after receiving military orders
  • Accepted file types: jpg, png, pdf, doc, Max. file size: 5 MB.

Veterans Resource Center

(920) 424-1804
Dempsey Hall, Room 130

‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

military friendly school award
military friendly school award
military friendly school award
military friendly school award