Select Page

Frequently Asked SHC Questions


Which forms do I need to complete as a new patient?

All patient forms must be completed electronically on the Student Health Portal.

Health History Form
Fill out the health history form on your Patient Portal. 

Notice of Privacy Practices
Please read this document prior to your first appointment.

Patient Rights & Responsibilities & Consent for Treatment
Read your Patient Rights & Responsibilities and the accompanying Consent for Treatment. Sign this document electronically through the Patient Portal prior to your first appointment.

Can I make same-day appointments?

Every effort will be made to see you as soon as possible for immediate issues such as a cold, upset stomach, injury, etc.. For same day availability, please call the Student Health Center at (920) 424-2424.


What if I am unable to make it to my appointment?

As soon as you find out you will be unable to make your appointment, call the Student Health Center at (920) 424-2424 to cancel or reschedule.

Failure to cancel or reschedule an appointment will result in a no-show fee charged to your student account. See our No Show Policy below for more details.

What is the No-Show Policy?

Students who no-show, or fail to attend their scheduled visit, will be charged a pre-determined fee to their student account. A message will be sent to the student patient portal after the first no show notifying them of this. It is strongly encouraged for students to cancel their appointment if unable to attend to allow other students needing medical attention to be seen during this time. 


What makes you eligible to access services provided at the Student Health Center?

You are eligible if you:

  • Are a currently enrolled student.
  • Are a current student not enrolled in J-term, May-term, or summer semester. In this case, you may be seen after paying the non-registered fee.
  • Are enrolled in summer camp programs contracted for services.

Students enrolled at the Fond du Lac and Fox Cities campuses must pay an access fee at their first appointment in each fall and spring semester, which grants them access to all clinic services for the duration of the semester in which there is no additional fee.

For further questions about eligibility, please call (920) 424-2424 or email the Student Health Center at

Fees and Payments

The Student Health Center at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh offers professional health care services that are cost-effective. We don’t bill insurance, however we can help you figure out the best possible solutions for your health problems and concerns.

How can I pay for Student Health services?

Students can pay for services with their credit/debit card, Titan Card or have charges billed to their student account.

What is the cost of services?

Click here for our current price list. 

Can I use my health insurance at the Student Health Center? 

The Student Health Center at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not bill insurance. Upon request, we will give you a copy of your receipt with the proper information to enable you to submit your charges to your insurance company for reimbursement.

It is important that you carry a copy of your health insurance card. Many insurance companies will cover only the cost of care at specific hospitals or clinics. If you require x-rays or specialty care, it is important for you to know where your care will be covered.

If you have additional questions, contact the Student Health Center at (920) 424-2424.

Where can I find assistance for getting health insurance?

BadgerCare Plus

Family Planning Only Services Program (for men and women)

Spring/May-Term Hours:

Monday: 8am-4:30pm
Tuesday: 10am-4:30pm
Wednesday: 8am-4:30pm
Thursday: 8am-4:30pm
Friday: 8am-4:30pm
Sat & Sun: Closed

May 22: 8-8:30am; 2pm-4:30pm
May 23: 8am-11:30am
Closed: May 21, 27

Medical/Class Excuses

It is the policy of the UWO Student Health Center (SHC) not to provide students with excuses for short-term absences from class or missed deadlines due to illness, injury, or mental health appointments. In the event of a prolonged illness or injury requiring medical attention and an absence of more than three days, we frequently work with students and the UWO Dean of Students Office to provide documentation. Documentation of mental health illnesses is generally provided only to those clients with whom we have an ongoing or formerly established therapeutic relationship.

This policy helps SHC to direct its finite resources toward providing health care access for as many students as possible, rather than toward verification of short-term absences. Moreover, in cases of students seeking excuses after a brief illness or injury that has been effectively and appropriately managed by self-care, our clinicians may have no direct knowledge about the student’s condition at the time of the absence.

We recognize that faculty seek equitable means of determining when to excuse student absences and we believe this policy reinforces the students’ responsibility to communicate directly and proactively with faculty about conditions that interfere with their class attendance. We encourage students to speed their own recovery and to refrain from spreading infections such as colds, COVID-19 and influenza throughout the campus community by making mature decisions when they are too sick to attend class or go to work. We appreciate the many ways in which faculty and other members of the campus community support and assist students during such absences.

Medical Equipment

Certain medical equipment is available for students at the Student Health Center such as crutches, ace bandages, Neubulizer, and ice packs at a reasonable cost.

The UW Oshkosh Accessibility Center and  Dean of Students office can help coordinate reasonable accommodations for students with long or short term disabilities if needed.

Other community resources for medical equipment include: 

ThedaCare at Home
2100 Omro Road
Oshkosh, WI 54904
(Buy or Rent; Fee Based)

Larsen Winchester Lions Medical Equipment Loan Locker
5137 Cty Rd II
Larsen, WI 54947
(Loaned; Free of charge, donations welcomed)

Population Data

Does the Student Health Center have health-related data of our campus population?

The National College Health Assessment is a national research survey organized by the American College Health Association to assist college health service providers, health educators and administrators in collecting data about their students’ habits, behaviors and perceptions on the most prevalent health topics.

CLICK HERE to access the Spring 2015 UW Oshkosh National College Health Assessment Data

CLICK HERE to access the Spring 2015 NCHA Executive Summary

CLICK HERE to access the Spring 2018 NCHA Executive Summary

Sexual Assault

Does the Student Health Center provide immediate services for sexual assault survivors?

The Student Health Center provides confidential care for sexual assault survivors, including medical care, treatment for infections, and pregnancy prevention if needed and at no cost to the student. We will also make referrals to other campus and community resources.

What services are available in the community for immediate medical care?

SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) Services are available at the locations listed below. These services are free, confidential, do not require health insurance, and available 24/7. Services may include: medical care, STI treatment/prevention, documentation, pregnancy prevention, connection with local advocacy services and law enforcement (if desired), and/or completion of a forensic exam.


  • ThedaCare Regional Medical Center
    1818 N. Meade Street
    Appleton, WI 54911
  • Advocate Aurora Health
    855 N. Westhaven Drive
    Oshkosh, WI 54904
University Employees, Faculty & Staff

Does the Student Health Center provide services for University employees, faculty, and staff?

The Student Health Center is funded by student fees; therefore we do not provide general health care for employees.

We do however, offer the following services:

  • Blood Pressure checks (no cost): Monday – Friday: 8 a.m.-11 a.m. or 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
  • Hepatitis B Shots:  Funded by the University for certain positions only.


Radford Hall, First Floor
777 Algoma Boulevard
Phone: (920) 424-2424
Fax: (920) 424-1769

Spring/May-Term Hours:

Monday: 8am-4:30pm
Tuesday: 10am-4:30pm
Wednesday: 8am-4:30pm
Thursday: 8am-4:30pm
Friday: 8am-4:30pm
Sat & Sun: Closed

May 22: 8-8:30am; 2pm-4:30pm
May 23: 8am-11:30am
Closed: May 21, 27