Interactive Web Management
Interactive Web Management
Department Offices In College of Letters and Science (BA and BS Degrees)
Computer Science Department
Department Offices in College of Business (BBA Degree)
Information Systems Department
For a complete list of faculty please see each department's faculty list.
Undergraduate: A major in Interactive Web Management can lead to the degree(s): Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or Bachelor of Business Administration (please see the College of Business for the BBA degree)
Summary of Fields of Study
- Interactive Web Management graduates are able to create and manage interactive user experiences across web and mobile platforms with the goal of improving business performance. This interdisciplinary academic major designed to prepare students to:
- Understand how to create and evaluate interactive user experiences involving user generated content, social media, and collaborative technologies. [Involves usability - is that clear?]
- Create and manipulate digital content and multimedia, including text, images, video, and graphics for specific audiences.
- Design and program software applications [and manage software development projects] - does curriculum support project management?
- Run and manage a website, including making decisions about: hosting, domain names, architecture (server-side vs. client-side), content delivery networks, appropriate use of cloud computing, availability, security etc.
- Understand how adoption of emerging technologies can support business strategy and performance
- Apply online marketing/advertising/PR strategies, including: search engine optimization, social network penetration, user analytics, and other methods to brand and promote an organization
- Understanding data-related issues, including collection, analysis, privacy, ethical use, and security.
The program offers one major: Interactive Web Management
3. The Minor(s)
To graduate with an Interactive Web Management major, students must meet all requirements for the degree being sought, in addition to earning a minimum grade point average of 2.00 in all courses applied to their Interactive Web Management major. Refer to the following for complete requirements.
Required Core Courses
Business 198 Introduction to Business (3 crs.)
Information Systems 151 Building the Digital Future (3 crs.)
- Journalism 221 Writing for the Media (3 crs.)
The Major(s), with Emphases and/or Options
Interactive Web Management Major
Required Units (crs.): 38-41 units (crs.)
Required Courses: In addition to the core courses:
- Business Focus:
- Business: Business 371
- Information Systems: Information Systems 352
- Marketing: Marketing 463
- Media Focus:
- Computer Science: Computer Science 347
- Journalism: Journalism 340, 440
- Technical Focus:
- Business: Business 311
- Computer Science: Computer Science 125, and 142
- Information Systems: Information Systems 350
- Culminating Experience:
- Business: Business 488
- Business 492 OR Computer Science 399 OR Journalism 427
- Other Requirements:
- 24 credits of Computer Science and /or Journalism courses. At least nine (9) credits must be upper-level Computer Science or Journalism courses.
- Must have a 2.5 GPA to enroll in upper-level Business, Information Systems and Marketing courses.