Select Page

Military Credit

The goal of the University is to recognize your efforts in uniform and translate those accomplishments to academic credit. By providing your DD214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NoBE), you can earn 2 credits for Physical Education 105 and 2 credits of Health Education electives.

Please submit your Joint Service Transcript (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Transcript to UW-Oshkosh. The Transfer Coordinator will review military transcripts utilizing American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations to determine if additional transfer credits can be awarded. Credit is awarded based on ACE recommendations for military courses and experience. If awarded credit affects the student’s SAP progress, please contact the Veteran Resource Center for more information and assistance.

Once your military transcript has been evaluated, please discuss applying military credit to your record with your Academic Advisor. The decision to add military credit to your student record is entirely up to you and will be added upon completion and receipt of the Military Credit Request Form which will be sent to you via your UW Oshkosh email after JST/CCAF transcript(s) are sent to UWO Admissions Office. If there are questions or concerns during this process, please reach out to  

Request an official military transcript to be sent to UW-Oshkosh Admissions office by visiting these links:

Army, Navy, Marines & Coast Guard:  Joint Service Transcript Request.

Air Force, CCAF:  Transcript Request


Registrar's Office

Dempsey Hall, Room 130 
Mon–Fri, 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

Mailing Address

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh 
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8608

Registrar's Contact

Phone: (920) 424-3454
Fax: (920) 424-1098