Select Page

Restructure FAQ

UW-Fond du Lac and UW-Fox Valley
Campuses of UW Oshkosh
Student FAQs

As part of the University of Wisconsin System restructuring effective July 1, 2018, UW-Fond du Lac (FDL) and UW-Fox Valley (FOX) are now campuses of UW Oshkosh. This information is designed as a tool to help students navigate changes in the areas of Registration, Financial Aid, Admissions and Student Accounts as we join our three campuses together as one university.


Can I keep taking classes at UW-Fond du Lac or UW-Fox Valley?
Yes, you can continue taking courses on these campuses. FDL and FOX students registering for spring 2019 and summer 2019 classes will continue to use PRISM. For fall 2019 classes, all students will use the UW Oshkosh Student Information System (TitanWeb). You will receive more information on the transition to TitanWeb closer to the start of the fall 2019 registration period.

How do I schedule FDL or FOX classes for spring 2019 and summer 2019?
Register for the spring and summer 2019 classes using PRISM, the current UW Colleges Student Information System (SIS).

What if I want to take classes at the Oshkosh campus for spring/summer 2019?
Apply to the Oshkosh campus for spring and summer 2019 in order to take classes on that campus.

How can I take classes at another location (Fall 2019 and beyond)?
Starting with the fall 2019 registration cycle, all registration will take place through UW Oshkosh’s Student Information System (SIS) TitanWeb.  You can register for courses on your designated home campus only, but if you would like to also take courses (up to 6 credits) at another campus of UW Oshkosh, fill out the UWO Campuses Student Guest Form for approval. FDL and FOX students who want to take courses offered on the Oshkosh campus should discuss this with their academic advisor.  Additional fees and later registration dates may apply.

Can I complete all of my bachelor’s degree credits at the FDL or FOX campus location?
Some limited degrees that are in place are Engineering and Human Services Leadership. We expect this to expand in the future.

I am done with my associate degree at FDL or FOX. How do I continue on to earn my bachelor’s degree from UW Oshkosh? Do I have to reapply?
Yes, for fall 2019, you will need to apply as a transfer student: Beginning spring 2020, FDL and FOX students will complete the “Change of Campus” form to enroll in courses on the Oshkosh campus.

Should I complete my associate degree before I change to the Oshkosh campus to pursue a bachelor’s degree?
You should work with your advisor to determine the best path to your degree.

Will all of my credits from FDL or FOX campuses count towards my degree?
All earned degree credits will be applied to the total credits required. Non-degree or remedial credits will not count towards the 120 bachelor’s degree total.

Where will I get my FDL or FOX transcripts? Will I have to submit them to the Oshkosh campus when I am ready to begin a degree at the Oshkosh campus?

  • If you are planning on attending the Oshkosh campus for fall 2019, or after, and are a continuing student from the FDL or FOX campus, you will not need a transcript from those institutions.
  • If you are NOT a continuing student (you attended FDL or FOX prior to fall 2018, spring 2019, summer 2019), you WILL need to obtain your official transcript by submitting a request online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges partners with Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders online at:
  • Students transferring to any other institution other than UW Oshkosh will need to request transcripts using the link above.

I attended other two-year UW schools (i.e., UW-Washington Co.) How do I get those transcripts?
You may obtain your official transcript by submitting a request online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges partners with Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders online at:

Where will I receive my diploma from?
Effective July 1, 2018, UW-Fond du Lac and UW-Fox Valley became access campuses of UW Oshkosh. All access campus diplomas will come from UW Oshkosh.

What happens if I enroll in a class at the wrong location?
You will not be able to register for a class from another campus. Only the campus that you have declared as your Home Campus when you applied will be an option. If you have questions, please speak with your advisor.

Will I be eligible to take study abroad courses with the Oshkosh campus?
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh encourages all students, regardless of which campus they attend, to consider study abroad, study away, and the National Student Exchange. Applicants from all three campuses must meet the same basic eligibility requirements. More information is available from the Office of International Education.


Financial Aid

How and when do I start getting my financial aid from UW Oshkosh?
Students enrolled at the FDL or FOX campuses of UW Oshkosh will complete the 2019-20 FAFSA and use the UW Oshkosh school code 003920 in the school section of the FAFSA. This will allow UW Oshkosh to process your financial aid beginning with the fall 2019 semester.

How does Summer 2019 financial aid work? 
If you are a student at FDL or FOX, you will continue to receive your financial aid from UW Colleges through the summer 2019 term. UW Colleges will use your current, 2018-19, FAFSA information in order to determine your eligibility for summer financial aid. However, you will also need to complete a UW Colleges summer financial aid form, available at the time of summer registration. You can get assistance with this from the Solution Center at the FDL or FOX access campuses.

I have already filed my 2019-20 FAFSA, but I did not include UW Oshkosh’s school code. How do I fix that?
Your 2019-20 FAFSA application must include UW Oshkosh’s school code 003920 in order for you to receive financial aid for the fall 2019 semester and beyond. Go to, log in, and navigate to the school section of the 2019-20 FAFSA. Enter 003920 – University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. Submit your corrected FAFSA, and we will receive it within a week.

Whom do I contact about financial aid questions I have?
There are many financial aid resources available to you. First, be sure to check UW Oshkosh’s Financial Aid website ( for information on costs, types of aid, steps in the financial aid process, etc. Still have questions? Call the Financial Aid Office at (920) 424-3377 to speak with one of our staff or email

I received some scholarship checks from my high school/community. How do I get them to UW Oshkosh?
If the scholarship is for the fall 2019 semester or later, you can forward the check to:

UW Oshkosh, Bursar
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI  54901

If the check is written to both you AND UW Oshkosh, you will need to endorse the check in order for UW Oshkosh to apply it to your balance due.

I have maxed out the credits covered by financial aid for my associate’s degree. Now that the FDL and FOX access campuses are part of a four-year school, will I be eligible again?
No, you would not be eligible if you continue seeking an associate degree. The maximum attempted credits are based on the degree you are seeking, not the school. If you choose to seek a bachelor’s degree at UW Oshkosh, you may be eligible for financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid Office at UW Oshkosh for additional information.



Do I have to apply/pay the application fee for spring 2019 or summer 2019 to attend the Oshkosh Campus?

How do I know if I qualify for an application fee waiver, and where do I submit it?
If you have a financial hardship and/or receive free or reduced lunch, you may qualify for a fee waiver. Please send the waiver to UW Colleges if you are applying for spring or summer 2019 courses at the FDL or FOX campuses. If you are applying for admission for fall 2019 or after, send your fee waiver to the Oshkosh campus. The fee waiver request is online:

I applied to the Oshkosh campus, but I would like to start at a FDL or FOX access campus instead. How can I change this?
Contact the Admissions Office and let them know at or (920) 424-3164.


Student Accounts

Will tuition remain the same at the FDL and FOX access campuses?

Yes. The tuition per credit for access campus students taking courses offered at an access location is not changing. However, an access campus student taking a course at the Oshkosh campus will pay the baccalaureate per credit rate on the Oshkosh campus course. Access campus students will pay the segregated fee rate at each campus where they take classes.

Will I have more than one bill if I take classes at more than one location?

No. All of your tuition and fees will appear on your UW Oshkosh account (TitanWeb). You will not receive a paper bill. You will get a notice to your UW Oshkosh email when your bill is ready and you will have to view that bill in TitanWeb.

What are my payment options?

Online by E-check:

Enter your own checking or savings account and routing numbers on TitanWeb under “Finances” then “Make a Payment.” There is a $0.50 convenience fee for using this service.

Online by American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover.

Credit card payments are not accepted in person or by telephone. Enter credit card information on TitanWeb under “Finances” then “Make a Payment.” A 2.5% convenience fee will be assessed on the payment amount for credit card services by the credit card company.

In person by check, cash, traveler’s check or money order at:

Dempsey Hall 236, 2nd Floor Main Hallway

Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday

By mailing check or money order (DO NOT mail cash):

UWO Cashier’s Office

Dempsey 236

800 Algoma Blvd.

Oshkosh, WI 54901

Please write your student ID number on the check/money order.

All payments must be RECEIVED by the due date. Your cancelled check is your receipt. If a cash register receipt is needed, include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.

What is my payment option?

UW Oshkosh offers an installment payment plan for your student account. This plan will allow you to pay your fall and spring semester account balance in three installments. The first payment is 10% of your total charges and will be due approximately the second Friday of the semester. The second and third payments will be 45% of your total charges and will be due the following two months after the first due date. Please keep in mind that a 1% finance charge will be assessed to the remaining balance on the first of each month if you choose to enroll in the payment plan and pay in three installments.

If you choose not to participate in the payment plan, your payment will be due in full on the first due date of the term.

What are the due dates?  

The due dates can be found on our website at: Generally, the first due date for fall and spring terms is at the end of the second week of the term.

When will Financial Aid post?

All approved financial aid is processed through the Financial Aid Office. At the beginning of each semester, electronic financial aid payments begin disbursing to your student account. During the semester, the financial aid office typically processes disbursements twice weekly. Please note that all financial aid will be split in half, half for the fall term and half for the spring term.

If your financial aid will not post to your student account by the first due date, please sign up for the payment plan and pay the first 10% of your balance to avoid late fees or withdrawal from courses. For further questions, please contact the financial aid office at

How often should I check TitanWeb?

You should check TitanWeb weekly for the first few weeks of the semester and then monthly after that. On TitanWeb, you can view your account details, see your to-do list, sign up for direct deposit, grant access to others, and more. You may also update any changes in contact information using TitanWeb.

How do I view my account details?

To view your account details, please log in to TitanWeb and select “statement of account” under the finances section on your homepage. You will then see a summary of your billing information. Please select “print statement of account.” Ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled. You will then see a more detailed view of your account balance for each term.

 How do I sign up for direct deposit for refunds?

  1. Turn off your pop-up blocker so that you will be able to view the secure direct deposit page as you go through these instructions.
  2. Sign into your TitanWeb account.
  3. Scroll down to the Finances section and click on the link that says Refund Direct Deposit.
  4. Once the QuikPay system pops up, click the ‘Direct Deposit’ link on the left side of the page.
  5. Follow the instructions on entering your bank routing and bank account numbers.
  6. Print a confirmation page for your records.
  7. Remember to keep this information updated in the event you change banks and/or close accounts.  Failure to do so will result in delayed access to your funds.

Please note, if you do not sign up for direct deposit a paper check will take 2-3 weeks to process. You will receive an email from the cashier’s office when your check is ready to be picked up.

How do I receive a refund for dropped courses?

Please make sure you review our website for the deadlines to drop a course and receive a refund. These drop dates are different than the academic drop dates. If you have dropped your courses within our refund period and have not received your refund, there are a few reasons why you may not have automatically received a refund.

  1. If you dropped a course, but are still in the 12-18 undergraduate credit “plateau,” you will not receive a refund for the course. The cost of tuition is the same for 12 credits as it is for 18 credits.
  2. If you originally paid for your class with your own funds or with a non-financial aid source, you will have to request a refund from student accounts by emailing
  3. You have an outstanding balance on your student account. Class refunds will first apply to outstanding charges and your student account must have a credit balance before a refund will be initiated.
  4. Not enough time has passed from the time you dropped your course to the time you expected your refund. Please allow up to 2 weeks for refunds to be deposited in your bank account.

Can my family call about my account?

Due to Federal Privacy Laws (FERPA) you must grant access to any person you would like our office to speak with regarding your account. You can grant this access on your TitanWeb account under the Personal Information section.

How do I contact the Student Accounts Office?

The Student Accounts Office is open from 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Their phone number is (920) 424-1332. Additionally, you can email the student accounts office at


More Questions?

We are making every effort to make things seamless during this transition period, but we know there will be questions along the way. For immediate questions, please contact the UW-Fond du Lac or UW-Fox Valley Solution Center.

Fond du Lac Campus:

Phone: (920) 929-1122

Fox Valley Campus:

Phone: (920) 832-2620