Select Page

Applying For


Connect with us

Graduate Examiners
(920) 424-1092
Monday through Friday
7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

Getting Ready to Graduate

When a student reaches their credit threshold for the completion of their degree requirements, they are encouraged to apply for graduation. It is recommended that a student applies for graduation a complete semester prior to the semester of graduation. If you are earning a doctorate or masters contact graduate studies.
Graduation Fee:  A one-time non-refundable/non-transferable fee that is assessed per degree level; Associate, Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate.  This $75 fee is assessed to all students during the term in which they are eligible to apply for graduation based upon earned credits.  This fee covers programming costs associated with graduation. 
The Degree/Major(s)/Minor(s)/Emphasis(es) listed on your Advisement Report will be used to determine your degree requirements. Your graduation examiner can inform you of your eligibility to graduate.
UW Oshkosh holds two commencement ceremonies each year. In order to participate in commencement a graduate must apply for graduation.
  • A Midyear commencement is held in December
  • Spring commencement is held in May.
Visit for more information.
Submitting Application
What is the difference between Graduation/Conferral and Commencement?

Upon completion of degree requirements, the Registrars office will award a student their degree and it will be posted to their official transcripts. Degrees are conferred 3-6 weeks after the last day of the term. Diplomas are mailed to the “diploma address” you furnished on the application for graduation.

Commencement is a ceremony that celebrates students graduating from UW Oshkosh. This is a separate event that doesn’t affect a student’s degree conferral.

When do I apply for graduation?

In general, Graduation Applications are due by the end of the semester prior to the semester in which you will complete degree requirements. Summer graduates need to apply by the end of the previous fall semester.

    • Students completing an internship as their final credits should apply for graduation for the term that included the internship.
How do I verify my information is correct for Commencement?
  1. Go to Titan Web Student Service Center
  2. Select My Academics.
  3. In the Graduation section of the My Academics page
  4. Select “View My Graduation Status”.
  5. Check the following items
    • Your Name
      You will see your name as it will print on your diploma and how it will appear in the commencement program.
    • Your Address
      The listed address is where we will send your diploma.
    • Other Items
      • Home town
      • News release permission

Please note: You are responsible for entering all of the information by the date stated on commencement website. You may update the information as needed.

What if I am earning more than one degree?

Multiple Degrees
If you have more than one degree you will see multiple “Apply for Graduation” links. You will need to select all of the available links.

Multiple Majors within one degree
If you are earning multiple majors within the same degree, only one “Apply for Graduation” link will be available.

How do I submit my Application for graduation?
  1. Go to Titan Web Student Service Center,
  2. Select My Academics.
  3. In the Graduation section of the My Academics page select “Apply to Graduate”.
How soon after I apply for graduation will I receive my graduation status review?

This varies from college to college; but, generally, if the application is submitted by the deadline and you are enrolled in your final semester of course work, you will receive an email before the beginning of your final semester indicating whether or not you have met all requirements for graduation or if deficiencies exist that you need to resolve.

Final Semester
What if I am finishing in the summer?

Your application deadline is the same as that of a Spring graduate – the final day of the Fall semester (unless you are in the College of Business). Summer graduates have the option of participating in either the May or December ceremony.

If you are a Summer graduate, you may attend either the Spring Commencement Ceremony or the following Fall Commencement Ceremony. You do not need to contact an examiner with your choice.

I have enrolled for classes for my last semester but I have not received a status check from a Graduation Examiner. How do I know if I will meet my graduation requirements?

Run your Advisement report. If you are on track for graduation, with your in-progress courses, all requirement boxes should be collapsed. If one or more requirement boxes are not collapsed, you may not be on track to graduate and should contact your advisor.

What if my graduation status review states that I have deficiencies for graduation?

If your status review indicates you have one or more deficiencies, contact your advisor immediately in an effort to clear the deficiency. Many problems can be rectified allowing graduation to proceed on schedule. DO NOT IGNORE a deficiency and assume it will go away!

What if I am completing transfer course work during my final semester?

Inform your graduation examiner that you are completing transfer course(s) by including this information where requested on the Graduation Application.

All course work – including transfer courses – applied toward your degree requirements must be completed no later than the official graduation date.

It is your responsibility to request an official transcript from the transfer institution be sent to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office as soon as the grade is posted for the transfer work, and verify that the transcript has been sent.

It is not the graduation examiner’s responsibility to monitor receipt of this transcript.

What if I get an Incomplete in my final semester?

Graduation is the completion of all courses on your record. Students are ineligible to graduate with an incomplete(s) on their record.

What if I have submitted my Graduation Application and I decide to delay my graduation?

If you have submitted an Application for Graduation, you are responsible for emailing and requesting an update to the next semester or withdrawal of your Graduation Application.

If you withdraw your application, you will need to submit a new application for the semester in which you do intend to graduate.

If your degree has already been posted, it is too late to change graduation information.

Post Graduation
When will my degree be posted to my transcript?

All degrees are awarded or denied no later than six weeks after the official end of the semester.

When will I get my diploma?

Diplomas are sent to the “Diploma Address” you furnished on the Application for Graduation approximately 3-8 weeks after the official graduation date which is the last day of the term (not the Commencement date).

Registrar's Office

Dempsey Hall, Room 130 
Mon–Fri, 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

Mailing Address

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh 
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8608

Registrar's Contact

Phone: (920) 424-3454
Fax: (920) 424-1098