You are here: Home / For Students / Graduation / Undergraduate Graduation FAQ

Undergraduate Graduation FAQ

FAQ Undergraduate Graduation

Students applying for graduation will use the on-line application in the Titan Web Student Services Center.

Frequently Asked Questions:


When do I apply for graduation?

In general Graduation Applications are due by the end of the semester prior to the semester in which you will complete degree requirements. Summer graduates need to apply by the end of the previous fall semester.

  • Students in the College of Business need to submit applications for spring or summer by Thanksgiving of the Fall semester. Fall semester graduates should apply by spring break.
  • Education students should apply prior to submitting their applications for student teaching.
  • Students completing an internship as their final credits should apply for graduation at for the term that included the internship.

What if I am earning more than one degree?

If you have more than one degree you will see multiple “Apply for Graduation” links. You will need to select all of the available links. (If you are earning multiple majors within the same degree, only one “Apply for Graduation” link will be available.)

What if I am finishing in the summer?

Your application deadline is the same as that of a June graduate – the final day of the Fall semester (unless you are in the College of Business). Summer graduates have the option of participating in either the May or December ceremony.

How do I submit my Application for Graduation?

Go to Titan Web Student Service Center, select My Academics. In the Graduation section of the My Academics page select “Apply to Graduate".

How do I verify that my information is correct for commencement?

To verify that your information is correct for Commencement, Go to Titan Web Student Service Center, select My Academics. In the Graduation section of the My Academics page select "View My Graduation Status". You will see your name as it will print on your diploma and the address to which we will send your diploma. you will also see a list of items for you to verify and enter such as your home town and news release permission. You are responsible for entering all of the information. You may update the information as needed.

How soon after I apply for graduation will I receive my graduation status review?

This varies from college to college; but, generally, if the application is submitted by the deadline and you are enrolled in your final semester of course work, you will receive an email before the beginning of your final semester indicating whether or not you have met all requirements for graduation or if deficiencies exist that you need to resolve.

I have enrolled for classes for my last semester but I have not received a status check from a Graduation Examiner. How do I know if I will meet my graduation requirements?

Run your STAR report. Immediately below the header information with your majors and gradepoint STAR should show “All Requirement Met – In Progress Classes Used”. That statement means if you successfully complete (with required grades) the course(s) you have in progress, you are an track to graduate. If the line states “AT LEAST ONE REQUIREMENT NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED,” you are not on track to graduate and should contact your advisor if you need assistance.

What if my graduation status review states that I have deficiencies for graduation?

If your status review indicates you have one or more deficiencies, contact your advisor immediately in an effort to clear the deficiency. Many problems can be rectified allowing graduation to proceed on schedule. DO NOT IGNORE a deficiency and assume it will go away!

What if I am completing transfer course work during my final semester?

Inform your graduation examiner that you are completing transfer course(s) by including this information where requested on the Graduation Application. All course work – including transfer courses – applied toward your degree requirements must be completed no later than the official graduation date. It is your responsibility to request an official transcript from the transfer institution be sent to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office as soon as the grade is posted for the transfer work, and verify that the transcript has been sent. It is not the graduation examiner’s responsibility to monitor receipt of this transcript.

What if I get an Incomplete in my final semester?

Graduation is the completion of all courses on your record. Students are ineligible to graduate with Incompletes on their record.

What if I fail a course during my final semester?

If the course is needed to complete credits and/or requirements, it will be necessary for you to email your graduation examiner and request to update your graduation term. If the course is not needed to meet a specific degree or credit requirement, your degree may be granted.

What if I have submitted by Graduation Application and I decide to delay my graduation?

If you have submitted an Application for Graduation, you are responsible for emailing your graduation examiner requesting withdrawal of your Graduation Application for that semester. You will then need to submit a new application for the semester in which you do intend to graduate. If your degree has already been posted, it is too late to change graduation information.

When will my degree be posted to my transcript?

All degrees are awarded or denied no later than six weeks after the official end of the semester. All degrees (no matter when posted) will have the same official graduation date.

When will I get my diploma?

Diplomas are sent to the "Diploma Address" you furnished on the Application for Graduation approximately 3-8 weeks after the official graduation date which is the last day of the term (not the Commencement date).

Document Actions

The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh — Where Excellence and Opportunity Meet.