Online MPA Program Option
MPA Degree Online
- Beginning in Spring 2017, the Public Administration Department, in collaboration with the Division of Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement, is pleased to offer an online version of the MPA program.
- The online MPA program allows greater flexibility and access for students who cannot come to campus because of life, work, military and/or other commitments. Both traditional and online students earn the same MPA degree.
- The online MPA program offers the same high quality curriculum that is a hallmark of the traditional, face-to-face MPA program. The majority of core courses are taught by accomplished full-time, tenured or tenure-track faculty members, who embrace a hands-on instructional approach.
- Take Advantage of the Easy-to-Use Online Learning Platform: All online MPA courses are built in the Desire 2 Learn (D2L) instruction platform. Instructors use discussion feeds, videos, readings, and a drop box for assignments. Students receive advance D2L orientation to successfully navigate the system.
- Experience Enhanced Classroom Discussions: The D2L discussion forums allow students to gain an in-depth understanding of course content. Using the interactive power of social and multimedia, students and faculty can marshal additional research to support points of view and expand on important topics.
- Improve Your Virtual Communication Skills: The online program offers the opportunity to build virtual communication and technology skills.
- Enjoy Learning Anytime, Anywhere: Students can complete the online course work from anywhere in the state, the country or the world with Internet access. In the online program, students work within program deadlines to prioritize their time and online classes are accessible 24/7.
- Get Your Degree Fast: Students can complete the online MPA program in as few as two years (please see sample course plans below).
Applying to the Online MPA Program and Fees
Application Process and Requirements
Online Fees and Financial Aid
- The expected tuition for the online MPA program option for 2016-2017 is about $536.80 per credit. The 2017-2018 tuition fee has not been announced yet.
- This tuition amount is the same for in-state, out-of-state, and international students. The Minnesota Reciprocity and Midwest Student Exchange programs do not apply.
- Information about financial aid and other opportunities can be found on this website.
- International students can earn the UW Oshkosh MPA degree from anywhere in the world.
- International students must complete application requirements for BOTH: International Student Admission as a Graduate Student (NOTE: "The estimated expenses" chart on this page does not apply to the online program) and the MPA Admission Requirements.
- International students in the online program may take an 8-week summer elective course (3 credits) in residence on the UW Oshkosh campus as part of the online program plan. Please contact the department chair, Dr. Anna Filipova (email@example.com; (920) 424-0037) first to inquire about availability of this on-campus summer option. Students must obtain a student visa to take this course.
- Diplomas for international students will be sent by mail. Students who wish to participate in person during the graduation ceremony in the United States will be sent an invitation to obtain a tourist visa.
Graduate Studies Office Contact Information
- For application and admission eligibility requirements and procedures questions, please contact Lori Halstead or anyone in the Graduate Studies Office at (920) 424-1223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online MPA Program Long-Term Course Schedule and Plans
Long-Term Course Schedule
Sample Course Plans
General Public Administration Emphasis
Health Agency Administration Emphasis
Policies in Relation to the Face-to-Face and Online MPA Program Options
- Once admitted to the face-to-face MPA program or the online MPA program, graduate students are not allowed to switch between the two versions of the MPA program.
- In some cases, the department chair may allow on-campus students to take up to three courses (9 credits) from the online MPA program, or allow students in the online MPA program to take up to three courses (9 credits) from the face-to-face MPA program.
- Effective 02/06/2017, students from the on-campus program who would like to take a course in the on-line MPA program will be included in a waiting list and advised 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester if any seats are available. Students admitted to the online MPA program have a priority registering for online MPA classes. Similarly, students from the online MPA program will be included in a waiting list if they would like to take on-campus classes.
- Students from other UW Oshkosh graduate programs and the Graduate Healthcare Management Certificate can take courses from both the face-to-face and online MPA program.
- For more information about policies in relation to the online MPA program, please contact the department chair, Dr. Anna Filipova at (920) 424-0037 or email@example.com.
Public Administration Department
- Please contact Dr. Anna Filipova, Department Chair, at (920) 424-0037 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions related to the online MPA program, its curriculum requirements, the scheduling of courses, enrollment, and applications.
Division of Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement
- Please contact Amanda Bain at (920) 424-0980 or email@example.com if you need help with online course enrollment. Before you contact Amanda Bain, please seek permission from Dr. Anna Filipova if you are an on-campus student.
- Please contact Jim Stevens at (920) 424-0742 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with technology issues or to sign up for D2L training orientation.