Select Page

Contact Us 

Reeve Memorial Union, Student Involvement, Room 208C, E-mail:, Telephone: (920) 424-3202

Club Purchasing and Travel

There are several ways to use university funds to enhance student organization meetings and events. Students and advisers must follow purchasing guidelines for all supplies, printing, food, and travel costs in order to use the student organization account funds and receive reimburses, if needed.

Downloadable Club Purchasing Quick-sheet

Important things to know, first!

  • Check your budget!
    • Make sure you have the available funding necessary
  • The OSG Office CANNOT purchase food for a student organization!
    • Food must either be obtained through Reeve Catering/Aladdin or bought out of pocket through an Approved Vendor (students or advisors can be reimbursed for food expenses)
  • Goods, Services, and Food expense reimbursements  will not be processed by the Student Engagement or OSG Offices 
    • RSOs are required to utilize our purchasing procedures and options in order to get the goods and supplies they need, i.e., our Purchase Request Form
    • We encourage RSOs to purchase food via the means that do not require them to pay out of pocket (OOP)
      • RSOs can still pay OOP for food, but their advisor or another staff member is then responsible for submit a reimbursement request on behalf of the student or themselves
    • The OSG Office will only process reimbursements for Travel related expenses
  • Organizations MUST submit a Student Travel Request if your group wants to use SAC or University Funding. Travel Expense Reimbursements will be denied if the Travel Request is not submitted or submitted after travel takes place.
  • SAC Rules and Restrictions – Full Rules HERE
    • No clothing allowed to be purchased – No T-Shirts!
    • Budget is not allowed to be spent on fundraising expenses
    • Gifts/Prizes will not exceed a total of $50 in value per event
    • Gift Cards are not allowed
    • All equipment and supplies purchased is property of SAC/UWO
  • Submit requests fourteen (14) days in advance!
    • If using a SAC/Allocated Budget, we must follow university purchasing rules. These processes, including shipping, might take a while.
  • Preferred items are not guaranteed!
    • University rules and contracts may prevent us from getting specific items. The OSG Office will do its best to get the items you want or acceptable alternatives
  • While using an Allocated Budget/your University Account, purchases are Tax Exempt
    • Groups and Advisers making Food or other purchases out-of-pocket, themselves, have the responsibility to make sure tax exemption is applied
  • Sales Tax will not be reimbursed
  • Treasurers or Presidents should keep and file all receipts and purchasing documents for future reference
  • Purchase values over $5,000 will require other procedures. The OSG Office will contact you with that information

I need to… (select an option):

Purchase Goods/Supplies
  1. Prepare a list of items that your club would like to buy (website links work well!)
  2. Fill out and submit the Student Org Purchase Request form in Involve
  3. The OSG Office will reach out with additional questions and confirmation
  4. Orders will be delivered to the OSG Office (Reeve 208C), who will notify the group that items are available for pickup
Purchase Services or Speakers/Entertainers

Services: anything that is offered by a vendor that is not tangible. Examples include but are not limited to speakers, performers, national organization dues, etc.

  1. Gather quotes and service information
    • Most service vendors can provide a quote
    • Make sure tax exemption is applied
  2. Fill out and submit the Student Org Purchase Request form in Involve
  3. The OSG Office will reach out with additional questions and confirmation when and how the order has been placed
  4. The vendor will need to provide an invoice after the service has been provided
    • Most vendors do this automatically
    • Payment cannot be made without an invoice!
  5. After the invoice have been submitted to the OSG Office, UWO’s Purchasing Office will process payment via a check in the mail to the vendor


  • Paying these vendors must happen after their participation
  • Paying speakers/entertainers require a signed contract and W9 Forms
  1. The group and Adviser should complete any applicable forms with the vendor
    • Have the vendor sign the contract and upload it to the purchase request form. The OSG will take care of having the contract reviewed and signed by the university
    • Clubs and advisers do not have contract signing authority
  2. Fill out and submit the Student Org Purchase Request form in Involve
    • The OSG Office will reach out with additional questions and confirmation when and how the order has been placed
  3. The signed contract will act as the vendor’s invoice
  4. UWO’s Purchasing Office will process payment via a check in the mail to the vendor
Make a Travel Reservation
  1. Gather all information on what reservations are needed, including:
    • Flights
    • Hotels and rooms
    • Conference registration
    • Car rentals
    • Other SAC approved expenses
  2. Gather all information on all travelers:
    • Names
    • Addresses
    • Contact Numbers
    • Emergency Contacts
  3. Fill out and submit Travel Request Form on Involve
    • Your adviser will have to review and approve your submission!
  4. The OSG Office will review your request and contact you to set up a meeting to carry out your reservations

UWO Clery Reporting and Emergency Contact FormsMust be completed by your advisor!

Pre-Travel Form – to be completed before your group leaves

Post-Travel From – to be completed within three (3) days after your group returns

UWO Clery Reporting and Student Travel Information

CAUTION – While hotel reservations will be paid for via the OSG Office’s Travel Card used during the reservation process, most hotels still require a card at time of check-in to be used in case of incidentals (damages). If you are required to provide a card, we advise that you use a Credit Card, NOT a Debit Card. A hold or fee will be applied to either card which will be taken off after check-out. If a Debit Card is used, this hold will freeze that amount of cash in your account.

Other recommended forms to fill out ahead of time:

  • Flight/Plane Tickets Request – separate form used to reserve plane tickets
    • Only fill out Traveler Information
    • The rest will be completed by the OSG Program Adviser
    • Can be sent to the OSG Office –
  • Driver Authorization Form – University System Risk Management requirement
    • Must be completed for student drivers to be reimbursed for mileage
    • Campus: UW Oshkosh
  • Vehicle Rentals – specific request form for RSOs via Enterprise
    • Must be paid for out of pocket by a traveler or advisor, which can be reimbursed