A compilation of 1,789 thematic booklists drawn from various online resources.
The Best Children's Books
Selected by teachers, these are recommended books for use in the classroom. Subjects covered include language arts, science, math, American history, holiday books, character education, etc.
CCBC Publications Available on the Web
Booklists compiled by librarians at the Cooperative Children's Book Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Children's Environmental Literature
Extensive 55 page bibliography produced by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Most of the books listed in this bibliography focus on Midwest ecosystems for children ages 4 - 12. Topics covered include animals, plants, urban ecosystems, forest ecosystems, aquatic ecosystems, nature awareness, etc.
Children's Literature Themed Reviews
A unique feature of these thematic booklists is that each book is reviewed.
Growing Up Around the World
Fiction and nonfiction books that help children in the United States understand the lives of children in other countries.
Portrayals of People with Disabilities
Organized by type of disability. Books for children and young adults.
Recommended books listed by grade level.
Wisconsin's Water Library for Kids
This is a unique bibliography of children's books on water-related topics.
- Alliteration in Children's Books
- Alphabet Books
- American Film Institute's 100 Greatest Films
- Banned and Challenged Books
- Bilingual Children’s Books in the EMC
- Career Books for Children and Young Adults
- Contemporary Realistic Fiction: 2005-2015
- Disabilities, Books About
- Easy Readers - Award Winners
- Fairy Tales: Children's and YA Fiction Based on Fairy Tales
- Fairy Tales: Different Versions
- Folktales from Around the World in the EMC: Published 2000 - 2014
- Goods and Services in Children's & YA Literature
- Grammar for the K-12 Student
- Graphic Novels in the EMC
- Historical Fiction for Children & Young Adults: 2005-2015
- K-12 Language Arts Textbooks
- K-12 Mathematics Textbooks
- K-12 Science Textbooks
- K-12 Social Studies Textbooks
- Math Books for Children
- Modern Fantasy Books for Children and Young Adults
- Multicultural Picture Books in the EMC: 2004-2015
- Predictable Books
- Read Aloud Books
- Reading Levels of Books & Articles for Children & Young Adults
- Science Books for Children--States of Matter
- Software in the Education Materials Center
- Wants and Needs
- Wisconsin Connections
- Wordless Picture Books