STUDENT TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT INTERNS
AN OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN A SPECIAL TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
PROGRAM SPONSORED BY UW OSHKOSH
Up to 3 UW Oshkosh students will be selected for this special program.
Complete the online application
(Log in with your Net ID - Computer Login and Password)
|Qualifications||General Job Duties
|Student Technology Support Interns must meet the following qualifications:
- Be in good academic standing.
- Be enrolled as fulltime student (12 or more credits).
- Be willing and able to make at least a 2-year (4 -semester) commitment.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in information technology, though all majors are welcome.
- Setup and image Windows and Mac computers.
- Answer phone, email and walk-in questions.
- Troubleshoot computer and printer problems.
- Work with clients and colleagues to solve problems.
|UW Oshkosh Commitment||Student Commitment
|UW Oshkosh will:
- Pay an initial training hourly wage of $8.50/hour which will increase to $9.50/hour when interns are deemed “Certified” by Information Technology staff.
- Provide annual wage increases, assuming satisfactory work performance.
- Provide a tuition reimbursement of up to $1,000 for each year the Student Technology Intern works for Information Technology. This reimbursement will be provided at the end of the Fall Semester in 2013 and at the end of the Fall Semester each year thereafter.
- Maintain good academic standing and fulltime student enrollment.
- Make a multi-year commitment to the Program.
- Attend and complete all designated campus-based training sessions.
- Work 15-20 hours a week as a Technology Support Intern during the academic year, and 40 hours/week during summer and other break periods.
- Sign an agreement outlining these rules of participation.
UW Oshkosh reserves the right to terminate a Student Technology Intern for unsatisfactory performance,
failure to maintain good academic standing and fulltime enrollment, or failure to meet any other Student Commitment.