Absence and Timesheet Entry & Approval Processes (HRS Self-Service)
Open Office Hours Schedule
- Open Office hours are available for all employees and supervisors needing assistance with absence/timesheet entry and approval. This is not for full training. On-line videos and handouts are available for viewing below.
- Open office hours for assistance are the first Monday and the second Thursday of each biweekly payroll. View the Payroll schedule below for the pay period dates.
- Employees and supervisors are welcome to stop in the Human Resources office, call, or email for assistance and someone will assist you as quickly as possible. All are also welcome to request assistance at anytime.
Absence and Time Administration (TA) Process
- Absence enter and approval process is real time - supervisor can approve immediately; absence will show on timesheet immediately (even if not yet approved)
- Employee can tell status of absence request on timesheet and in Request Absence, View Absence Request History
- Absence will not show as payable time (in the Summary of Hours on timesheet) until after the absence process runs
- Absence process runs immediately before Time Administration (TA)
Time Administration (TA - Timesheet) Processing
- Entry and usage rules are checked and the system evaluates and processes the reported time entered
- Payable Time is creted after TA runs. All "Reported Time" that has been entered into HRS since the last TA process has been run, for the current or prior pay periods, will be evaluated by TA and either Payable Time or Exceptions will be created.
- Payable Time will be approved by the employee's supervisor. In HRS, Payable Time is the type of time that is approved on the timesheet. It is separate from Absence approvals.
- Exceptions are created when TA evaluates the reported time and the system is unable to determine how to recate payable time or the way the time has been reported is incomplete or "breaks the rules."
- TA process typically takes one (1) hour to evaluate. TA Runs 7 times every day, 7 days a week: 4:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm, 7:00pm, and overnight
- The KB provides on-line how-to step-by-step guides for all employee types.
- Click Here for Commonly Used KB Documents
HRS Self-Service How-To Training Videos
|LTE and Student|
(ADA, Custodian, Trades, USA)
(Approvers, Many IT Staff)
(Faculty, Academic Staff)
of All Classifications
|Absence and Timesheet Entry||Faculty/Academic Staff Absence Entry|
*NOTE: The Exempt Timesheet is in whole hours per day, not in/out times. Exempt emlpoyees must add a row to indicate night and weekend differentials and overtime/comp time. See Time Reporting Code handout for details on which codes to utilize.
|HRS System Processes||Biweekly Absence Entry|
|Manager Absence Approval|
|Manager Timesheet Approval|