Assistance is Available
- Assistance is available for all employees and supervisors for entry and approval. This is not for full training. On demand videos and references are available for viewing below.
- Employees and supervisors are welcome to contact Human Resources for assistance. If your issue is directly related to an adjustment that needs to be made please email the details to Jodi for biweekly or Brenda for monthly as listed below:
- Main Desk Area: 920/424-1166
- Biweekly Payroll Issues: Jodi Anthony; 920/424-2070; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly Payroll Issues: Brenda Rens; 920/424-1412; email@example.com
Updating Time Approvers for Absences and Timesheets
- Complete the request form to update time approvers for all employee types EXCEPT Student Employees
- Student Employee time approver changes are to be completed by the Student Employment Employing Unit Coordinator for the corresponding department.
- Time Approver Changes Request Form
Absence and Time Administration (TA) Process
- Absence enter and approval process is real time - supervisor can approve immediately; absence will show on timesheet immediately (even if not yet approved)
- Employee can tell status of absence request on timesheet and in Request Absence, View Absence Request History
- Absence will not show as payable time (in the Summary of Hours on timesheet) until after the absence process runs
- Absence process runs immediately before Time Administration (TA)
Time Administration (TA - Timesheet) Processing
- Entry and usage rules are checked and the system evaluates and processes the reported time entered
- Payable Time is creted after TA runs. All "Reported Time" that has been entered into HRS since the last TA process has been run, for the current or prior pay periods, will be evaluated by TA and either Payable Time or Exceptions will be created.
- Payable Time will be approved by the employee's supervisor. In HRS, Payable Time is the type of time that is approved on the timesheet. It is separate from Absence approvals.
- Exceptions are created when TA evaluates the reported time and the system is unable to determine how to recate payable time or the way the time has been reported is incomplete or "breaks the rules."
- TA process typically takes one (1) hour to evaluate. TA Runs 7 times every day, 7 days a week: 4:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm, 7:00pm, and overnight
- The KB provides on-line how-to step-by-step guides for all employee types.
- Click Here for Commonly Used KB Documents
HRS Self-Service How-To Training Videos
(ADA, Custodian, Trades, USA)
University Staff Exempt
(Approvers, Many IT Staff)
of All Classifications
|Absence and Timesheet Entry|
*NOTE: The Exempt Timesheet is in whole hours per day, not in/out times. Exempt emlpoyees must add a row to indicate night and weekend differentials and overtime/comp time. See Time Reporting Code handout for details on which codes to utilize.
|HRS System Processes||Biweekly Absence Entry|
|Manager Absence Approval|
|Manager Timesheet Approval|
KB Document References.pdf — PDF document, 303 kB (311205 bytes)
Night Shift Employees.pdf — PDF document, 545 kB (559080 bytes)
TRC Codes - Exempt EEs.pdf — PDF document, 217 kB (223161 bytes)
TRC Codes - Non-Exempt EEs.pdf — PDF document, 218 kB (223501 bytes)
Reports for Supervisors.pdf — PDF document, 691 kB (707758 bytes)
Non-Exempt LH.pdf — PDF document, 524 kB (536953 bytes)
PP and UP LH.pdf — PDF document, 701 kB (718594 bytes)
Part Time LH.pdf — PDF document, 70 kB (72264 bytes)
AbsTimesheetApprovalGuide.pdf — PDF document, 1033 kB (1058016 bytes)
UnivStaffEntryGuide.pdf — PDF document, 1046 kB (1071420 bytes)
TempStudentEntryGuide.pdf — PDF document, 875 kB (896257 bytes)
NE Using LH.pdf — PDF document, 280 kB (287396 bytes)
E Using LH.pdf — PDF document, 290 kB (297043 bytes)
TempStudentApprovalGuide.pdf — PDF document, 897 kB (919290 bytes)
UnivStaffExempt.pdf — PDF document, 719 kB (736967 bytes)