Head Start Classroom Teacher - 003a.1415
Head Start/Early Child Development
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing high quality early childhood programming for children and their families as detailed in the Head Start program performance standards, with particular attention to meeting the standards for Education and Early Childhood Development; Child and Health and Developmental Services; Child Mental Health; Child Health and Safety; and Services to Children with Disabilities.
- Set up pre-school environment, prepare and implement developmentally appropriate daily lesson plans.
- Plan and provide individual and group activities to stimulate growth in communication, problem solving, self-help, and physical development.
- Implement positive guidance strategies and support child's social/emotional/behavioral growth.
- Make two home visits and have two conferences with each family, relating the progress of the child and seeking parent input for growth goals.
- Complete ongoing evaluations of each child, using the Teaching Strategies GOLD online assessment tool and assisting with required screenings.
- Provide materials and assistance to help parents understand the child's developmental, educational and nutritional needs.
- Provide opportunities for parent involvement in planning and helping in the classroom.
- Assist in planning and implementing parent meetings, special programs and training events.
- Attend staff meetings, training events and job-related meetings as directed.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures outlined in Licensing Rules for Group Day Care Centers.
Minimum of Bachelor's degree with Early Childhood coursework. Experience teaching young children. DPI certificate required for some Classroom Teacher positions.
BS Early Childhood Education or BS relevant degree.
Terms of Appointment
Review of files will begin 08/01/2014, and continue until position is filled.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application, resume, three current letters of recommendation, transcripts (official or photocopy), and one personal reference to:
Director of Education Staff Development