Director, Continuing Education-290c.1314
Lifelong Learning & Community Engagement
In all duties and responsibilities: Consistently treat all students, customers, faculty, administrators, staff, and community members with dignity and respect regardless of their perceived or known differences. Demonstrate an understanding of the commitment to inclusive excellence that is embraced by the Division of Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement.
- Strategic planning for a one, two and three year timeframe (identify, develop, market, conduct and assess programs and services).
- Policy development, implementation and interpretation (establish and monitor systems dedicated to providing excellent service to constituents).
- Oversee policy/procedure execution as they pertain to PPD on the local (UWO) and system level.
- Personnel evaluation, retention and recruitment.
- Budget management (develop and monitor an annual budget, including a mix of federal, state and program revenue).
- As the UWO Institutional Representative, prepare, negotiate and manage the Inter-institutional Agreement created annually between UWO and UW Extension. This agreement constitutes the program plan and budget for UWO’s Extension units within the framework of system-wide planning and implementation.
- Function as a liaison between UWO and other members of the UW System, other UW institutions and divisions, Wisconsin Technical Colleges and various government, business and industry and school organizations through service on committees and task forces.
- Facilitate new program development and initiatives that support the UW System’s Growth Agenda.
- Work collaboratively with the appropriate campus units in developing distance learning opportunities including online education.
- Serve as an advocate and voice for LLCE to campus support departments, colleges and line officers, UW Extension System and UW System.
- Provide leadership in carrying out the missions and goals of the Division of Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Adult Education or related field required.
- Five or more years of experience in program administration and business outreach.
- Significant management experience: good human resource skills and experience managing staff with multiple responsibilities.
- Successful grant writing experience including implementation and management.
- Proven experience in collaboration with outside partners throughout the community in the areas of education or economic development.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members to design and implement effective and innovative outreach educational programs.
- Masters or terminal degree in related field is strongly preferred.
- Specific experience in adult education in a university setting with proven success in the growth and development of continuing education programming.
- Proven success in the development and management of a divisional budget.
06/02/2014, or as soon as possible
Terms of Appointment
Review of files will begin 04/18/2014, and continue until position is filled.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a letter of application, resume, transcripts (official or photocopy), and contact information for five current references to:
Organizational Development Program Manager