Frequently Asked Questions | FAQs


Do not delete

What might I be able to do differently if I earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)?

According to state statutes, nurses should have a BSN degree to work in public and community health settings. Many healthcare facilities prefer to hire BSN-prepared nurses over those with an associate degree and often require a BSN to advance into leadership roles. Additionally, a bachelor’s degree prepares nurses for graduate studies. A BSN also is required for a number of nursing certifications, including preoperative (CNOR), labor and delivery (RNC-OB), psychiatric (RN-BC), flight nurse (CFRN), and many more. 

Are there additional ways to earn credit for prior learning?

The College of Nursing offers Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) for qualified nurses with specialty certification(s). Students are encouraged to contact their faculty adviser after admission into the BSN@Home program.

Can I take courses at other UW system campuses?

General education courses may be taken at other UW System schools, including UW Colleges Online. Visit the Transfer Information System for data about course transfer and/or equivalency.

Will my credits transfer to UW Oshkosh?

Transcripts are evaluated by the UW Oshkosh Office of Undergraduate Admissions after a student submits their application. Visit the Transfer Information System for data about course transfer and/or equivalency prior to applying.

When applying to UWO, do I need to submit my transcripts to the College of Nursing in addition to the Undergraduate Admissions Office?

Only submit official transcripts to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

College of Nursing

Clow Social Science Center
Room C210
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901