Select Page


To apply for student teaching, you should have completed all of your pre-student teaching program requirements. In addition, you must attend a Student Teaching Informational Meeting.  The application will be released through TK20 after this meeting. The deadline for applying for a student teaching experience is two semesters prior to the semester of student teaching. The deadline for spring student teaching is June 1 of the preceding year.  The deadline for fall student teaching is December 1 of the preceding year.


If your combined (UW Oshkosh and Transfer Courses) GPA or GPA in your major or minor is below a 3.0 GPA (2.75 GPA in the major for math & science), you must appeal to the department chair for your program to waive this requirement. To start this process, complete the GPA Appeal Form and contact the appropriate department. NOTE: The Department of Public Instruction requires a 2.75 cumulative GPA in undergraduate programs in order to be eligible for licensure. If you have other deficiencies noted on your Advisement Report, you will need to contact the Dean’s Office at to complete the student teaching deficiency contract.

Department Contacts – please include the department  contact and email address

  • Department of Teaching and Learning 
    • Elementary Education
    • Secondary Education
  • PK-12 ESL, World Languages, Music, Art
  • Health and Human Kinetics 
    • Physical Education, Health and Adaptive Phy Ed
  • Special Education 
    • Special Education Cross-categorical
    • Double Major – Elementary Education & Special Education
    • Early Childhood Special Education/Early Childhood

Out-of-Area Requests

PILOT for Fall 2019 Teacher Candidates

COEHS program students may request placement outside of the designated COEHS Service Region.  Students will note on their student teaching application the district(s) within which they would like to student teach.

An Out-of-Area fee of $750/semester will be assessed and is due by the time of the Orientation Seminar prior to student teaching.  

Students requesting an Out-of-Area student teaching placement will not be allowed to student teach in the high school from which they matriculate. 

Click Here to Pay Out of Area Fees