First Destination: Post-Graduation Survey & Report
WHAT IS IT?
Career Services administers the First Destination Survey and collects information from the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh undergraduate graduating class in order to assess their post-graduation plans.
Some of the information we seek to identify is:
- # of students who are employed, along with the name of their employer, position, and salary
- # of students continuing their education after graduation, where and in what field
- # of students still seeking employment
WHO TAKES THE SURVEY & WHEN?
Students who are awarded bachelor degrees receive the survey one month prior to graduation, as well as 3, 6, and 9 months after graduation. We understand your plans may change and we encourage you to update this information at these times.
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT FOR STUDENTS TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION AND WHO BENEFITS FROM IT?
There are several important reasons to provide this information when it is requested.
- We can use the information to identify students who may be seeking employment immediately after graduation, and alert them to prospective job opportunities.
- There are many areas of the University that use this data for reasons ranging from reporting for national ranking surveys to accreditation and certification.
- This information can be one of many factors that can help students’ research majors for best fit and potential first steps toward career goals.
HOW IS THE FINAL REPORTING INFORMATION DISTRIBUTED AND WHEN?
After the 9 month survey information has been collected, student responses are combined with degree data for analysis and an overall report is provided on the University website.
The information is reported out from the prior academic year (typically February for the prior Spring & Summer graduates, and October for the prior Fall graduates).
UPDATING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Students can request an alumni email address at https://www.alumni.uwosh.edu/request/
First Destination: Post-Graduation Survey Reports
Stay tuned for the most recent graduate survey data.
Check out the latest NACE's First Destination Report for the class of 2014 here.