Select Page

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I get into a CAPP class?

A: If you are taking a CAPP-eligible class at your high school, you will need to first Apply, then Register to fully sign up for the class.

Q: Is CAPP available at my high school?

A: View the listing of participating high schools.

Q: What courses are offered by CAPP?

A: Click here to view a listing of the courses. Course offerings vary by high school – contact your high school to see your school’s offerings.

Q: Am I eligible to enroll in CAPP?

A: If you are a high school student and meet at least one of these requirements, you are eligible to enroll in CAPP courses:

  • You are in the upper 30 percentile of your class.
  • You have a GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4 point scale.

Q: Who teaches CAPP courses?

A:  High school teachers with a graduate degree are approved by the respective UW Oshkosh academic department. These teachers are then appointed as university adjunct instructors and work cooperatively with UW Oshkosh liaison professors to design and implement the CAPP course.

Q: What is the difference between CAPP and Advance Placement (AP)?

A: Upon completion of a CAPP course, you will receive a grade based upon your cumulative effort.

With Advanced Placement (AP), a particular grade on a final standardized test determines if college credits are awarded. Different universities have different grade requirements. In both cases, you will receive high school Carnegie units required for graduation.

Comparison of CAPP & AP

Q: How much will courses cost?

A: Tuition is based upon the number of credit hours for a particular course. Courses may be 2, 3, 4 or 5 credits. The per-credit tuition amount is determined by the University of Wisconsin System and changes annually. CAPP students pay one half the per credit tuition rate. Each school district establishes its own policy relative to student payment of tuition and books.

Tuition Cost Information

 Q: How do I become a CAPP student?

A: All students must have a current admission application submitted before they are allowed to enroll. Click here for Admission Application Instructions.  AFTER your application is fully processed, at the beginning of the term, you must then register for your specific CAPP courses. Click here for Online Registration Instructions.

Q: Is it possible to drop a CAPP course?

A: If you decide to drop a course, you must notify your instructor and counselor before the 28th day of the UW Oshkosh semester. Contact your instructor for the specific date. You must also submit the necessary UW Oshkosh paperwork to drop from the college course.
– Drop Card
Term Withdrawal Form

Q: Will CAPP credits transfer to my chosen college or university?

A: Click here to see how credits transfer.

Q: Will I be able to use the UW Oshkosh facilities?

A: As a CAPP student, you are eligible for a UW Oshkosh Titan Card and are encouraged to use the Polk Library facilities and computer labs when they are available.

Q: What is the grade scale?

A: The grades earned are considered dual credit; high school and university. Your university grade is recorded on a transcript using this scale:

A grade of a “C” or better is necessary for most credit transfers.

Q: What if I have questions not on this list?

A: Feel free to Contact the CAPP Office at UW Oshkosh

Contact Us

Phone: (920) 424-3003
Fax: (920) 424-3125

UW Oshkosh CAPP

Hours: M–F 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

New location: Swart 128 (within COLS Dean's Suite)

Mailing Address

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901