Class of 1963 Reunion
- Another enrollment record was set in September as the semester began with 3,339. In just eight years, this number will be more than 10,000.
- Tuition for Wisconsin residents was $0. Out-of-state students paid $95 per semester. All full-time students paid $75 per semester in incidental fees. Student activity and Union fees were another $27.50. Today, a semester's tuition costs $3,678 for Wisconsinites, and $7,465 for out-of-state residents.
- Room rental in the campus's few dormitories was $130 per semester for a shared room. Today, it is $1,876.
- The Forrest Polk Library opened in the fall with an oficial dedication in November 1962.
- The Smothers Brothers performed in March 1963. Also, heard on campus in the year - The New Christy Minstrels.
- The Wisconsin State College at Oshkosh (OSC) basketball team won the conference champtionship with a conference record of 11 and 1. Titans went on to defeat Lakeland College in the playoff to earn a trip to Kansas City for the tournament. The Titan's lost to Lewis & Clark College in the final seconds of their first round bout of the tournament.
- Governor-elect John W. Reynolds inspected the campus after his election.
- Senator William Proxmire visited OSC in October 1962.
- Construction began on the college's new science building. In time, this building would be named Halsey Science Center.
- Reeve Union, only a few years old, began a major expansion that would triple the size of the building in 1963.
- The Titanettes, the school's pom pon squad, debuted in fall 1962.
- The Titan Marching Band performed for the first time at a Green Bay Packers game on November 18, 1962.
Waldorf Welcomes Class of 1963
See What Happened!
View photos from the Alumni's day on campus!
- Class of 1963 Flickr photo gallery
Have photos or memorabilia to share?
UW Oshkosh is seeking photos and other items from the 1930s- 1960s' student life. If you have items to share, please contact University Archivist Joshua Ranger, (920 )424-0828 or email email@example.com.
As always, if you have questions about this event, please contact the alumni office by email or call (920) 424-3449 or toll free (877) 896-2586.