Class of 1962
- Polk Library opened in November of 1962. The library was named after UW Oshkosh’s longest serving leader Forrest R. Polk.
- The UW Oshkosh introduced graduate study to northeast Wisconsin. Currently, there are 15 master's degree programs with a variety of emphases and areas of specialization.
- Judy (Wessing) Towne ’64 and Terry True ’62 were crowned the 1962 Prom King and Queen. Tim Trewyn ’62 and Alice (Holschuh) Kinas ’62 were honored as senior court members.
- Men's Wrestling was established as a team sport at Oshkosh State College under the coaching of Mr. Ralph Erdman.
- Alpha Phi Omega’s Ugly Man contest raised and donated over $500 to the Family Services Bureau. The donation, which was the most successful APO fundraiser to that date, was used towards a picnic for orphans.
- The fourth floor of the Raulf Hotel was home to approximately thirty-three women due to unfinished sorority housing and high college enrollment.
- The third annual Winter Carnival was held January 12-13, 1962. This was the first year weather allowed for snow and ice sculpturing. This was also the first year rope pulling contests, ice skating races, and broom hockey were added to the Winter Carnival events.
- John L. Vette, Jr. granted Oshkosh State College the use of land on Lake Winnebago for educational purposes. The area was named the Fahrnwald Farms Natural Resource Area of Wisconsin State College, Oshkosh.
If you'd like to serve on the reunion planning committee email Christine Gantner at email@example.com or call (920) 424-0625.
- Class Lists
- Class Gift/ Golden Titan Endowed Scholarship
- Reunion Registrants: see which of your classmates are coming to the reunion!
Send us photos of your experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a short, one sentence description with the high-resolution jpeg image.
Have Photos of Memorabilia to Share?
UW Oshkosh is seeking photos and other items from the 1930s-1960s' student life. If you have items to share, please contact University Archivist Joshua Ranger, (920) 424-0828 or email.
As always, if you have questions about this event, please contact the alumni office by email or call (920) 424-3449 or toll free (877) 896-2586.