Class of 1961
The class of 1961 enjoyed their stay on campus with dinner at local Italian restaurant, Primo. Transformation of campus astounded many who hadn't returned to campus since their graduation in 1961 on the guided bus tour of campus.
The class of 1961 founded the Golden Titan endowment scholarship, in which all class gifts are held in perpetuity with the earnings used to finance the awards thus ensuring class gifts will make a difference for years to come.
- Roger E. Guiles was Oshkosh State College President.
- In October 1960, the Speech Department staged "The Rainmaker," a comedy-drama by N. Richard Nash. Miss Gloria Link directed the production.
- Clemans Hall, the first men's residence hall opened Fall 1960.
- Winner of the Homecoming house decorations was Pollock House with the slogan, "We'll Batter Up Platteville." Titans defeated Platteville 12-6.
- Dennis Strey of the Vet's Club was crowned Ugly Man of Oshkosh State College by Homecoming queen Nicky Niquette and Sheri Speigelberg was crowned 1961 sweetheart.
Read About the Class of 1961
- Golden Titans to return for 50th class reunion
- UWO alumna returns for Golden Titan reunion, granddaughter’s graduation
See What Happened!
- Class of 2011 Snapshot gallery.
- Be sure to check out pictures from the class of 1961 reunion in the Alumni Album .
- Watch the video from the Golden Titan Reunion and hear about a 1961 classmate who returned to campus to celebrate graduation with her daughter.
Have Photos of Memorabilia to Share?
UW Oshkosh is seeking photos and other items from the 1930s-1960s' student life. If you have items to share, please contact University Archivist Joshua Ranger, (920) 424-0828 or email.