Student Alumni Ambassadors
The UW Oshkosh Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAA) are a premiere group of student leaders that are the vital link between current campus life and University alumni. Student Alumni Ambassadors are dedicated to promoting UW Oshkosh and building pride among fellow students, alumni and the community.
All students are welcome to apply. Interviews will be held in the fall and spring, but applications are welcome at any time. Please complete the online application form.
For more information, contact Alumni Director, Chris Gantner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
In conjunction with UW Oshkosh Alumni Relations, Student Alumni Ambassadors are passionate about UW Oshkosh campus life and history. You will find Student Alumni Ambassadors participating in many University and alumni events and networking with alumni professionals. You may find them mingling in a crowd, hosting a table of guests, or providing Alumni Welcome and Conference Center tours. Most importantly SAA helps keep alumni in touch with University happenings and connect them with current students.
Where You'll Find Us
UWO Foundation Community Breakfast
Fall event featuring an alumni speaker, were SAA members are able to help with check in and greet guest as they arrive.
UWO Alumni Association Board Meetings
SAA members are able to participate in an Alumni Association committee meeting. They can choose between Emerging Alumni, Alumni Engagement, Chapter Development or Marketing Committee.
Alumni Awards Dinner
Fall event held in the AWCC where UW Oshkosh acknowledge Outstanding and Distinguished Alumni Award winners. SAA members are able to help greet guest, help with registration, give tours of the AWCC or mingle in the crowd.
SAA members help the Alumni Relations Office with various events during UW Oshkosh Homecoming. Some of the events include Alumni Awards Celebration, Tent City and Tour de Titan.
Countdown to Commencement
Event hosted in Reeve Union each semester were graduates are able to come take care of their entire graduation checklist in one place at one time. We provide an effortless transition from student to alumni and answer any questions these soon-to-be alumni have. SAA members promote the Almost Alumni Lunch and benefits becoming of UW Oshkosh Alum.
Almost Alumni Lunch
Semester event held at the AWCC and hosted by the Alumni Relations Office congratulating graduates on their achievement and promoting benefits of becoming a UWO graduate. SAA members help serve lunch, host a table to answer questions or greet the graduates as they arrive.
Commencement Rose and T-shirt Sale
SAA’s only fundraiser held each semester during commencement ceremony. SAA members help sell roses and t-shirts during the fall and spring ceremony.
Golden Titan Reunion
A 50th class reunion takes places during May commencement. Members of the 50th reunion class also have the opportunity to don golden caps and gowns and lead the newest UW Oshkosh graduates into their future, during the afternoon commencement ceremony. Golden Titan festivities also include a bus tour of campus, a class photo and a class dinner. SAA members serve as greeters and help the Alumni Relation office as needed.
Although there are many benefits for serving as an ambassador, many students share that the intrinsic reward of giving back to the University and fellow students has been most important to them. Other rewards associated with being selected as a SAA member are:
- Networking with business professionals from a multitude of professions
- Developing necessary professional skills applicable to post-graduation life
- Demonstrating leadership roles that can be a key resume builder
- Opportunity to develop a relationship with members of the administration
- A semester stipend offered when requirements are fulfilled
Events to Host and Attend
SAA members will be expected to attend scheduled group meetings and serve at Alumni Relations sponsored events including but not limited to:
- Alumni Board Meeting from 4:30 to 5:30 pm and Committee Meetings from 3:30 to 4:30 pm on February 24, 2015
- Career Fair on the Fox- Tuesday, March 2016
- Countdown to Commencement- March 9, 2016 from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Almost Alumni Lunch- March 9, 2016 paired with Countdown to Commencement at Reeve Union from 11:30 to 12:30 pm
- UWO Alumni Association Annual Meeting- May 3, 2015
From:1:30 to 5:30 pm
- Commencement Rose Sale, May 14, 2016 Kolf Sports Center
- Golden Titan Reunion, May 14 2016 Alumni Welcome and Conference Center
- UWO Foundation Community Breakfast,
- Alumni Awards Dinner
Oct. 21 2016 5-9 p.m.
- Homecoming Weekend
October 22, 2016
- Commencement Rose and T-shirt sale, December, Kolf Sports Center, December 17, 2016
- Must be enrolled as a full time UW Oshkosh student
- Must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Must have at least 2 semester left at UW Oshkosh
Qualified applicants will have an interview with current SAA members
A $250 stipend will be paid during the last month of each fall and spring semester upon completion of expectations.
Current SAA Leaders
Meet your current Student Alumni Ambassadors.
|Kenzie Busch||Appleton, WI||Education|
|Nicole Bunno||Appleton, WI||Psychology|
|Megan Dalsing||Dodgeville, WI||Human Service Leadership|
|Elizabeth Chapin||Waukesha, WI||Human Resources|
|Haley Rohe||Shawano, Wi||English|
|Crystal Wrensch||Cleveland, WI||Nursing|
|Rachel Adams||Kenosha, WI||Physical Education|
|Alesha Huffman||Sobieski, WI||Nursing|
|Jordan Flanagan||Bear Creek, WI||Business|
|Black Earth, WI||Psychology|