- Sharon (Baker) Bucklin (LS) and husband, ’90 Scott Bucklin (B), adopted Evan Nikita Bucklin from Yaroslavl, Russia, in March. He joins sisters Susanna, Laine and Kate.
- Diane (Boerschinger) Galow '89 (LS) and '95 (MSE) is elementary education director for the Neenah Joint School District.
- Brad Hansen (LS) of Appleton, is president and chief operating officer at Heartland Business Systems and Avastone Technologies.
- Brad Karger (MPA) is the county administrator for Marathon County.
- Tim Koppa (EHS) is director of the Koppa-Hein Tennis Academy in Grafton.
- Craig Schwartz (B) coordinates courses at the NATO School in Oberammergau, Germany. Previously, he was an exchange officer with the Australian Defense Force.
- Ralph Berge, Jr. (LS) is senior vice president of production for CBS-Paramount TV. He oversees the physical production of NCIS, Medium and other television shows.
- Christopher Kuborn (LS) hosts Jazz Odyssey on Wisconsin Public Radio and a faculty member in the Digital Media Technology Department at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College in Green Bay.
- David Sakrison (MPA) published the book Chasing the Ghost Birds, which chronicles efforts to return trumpeter swans to the Midwest and whooping cranes to the eastern U.S., and to save the last of Russia’s Siberian cranes.
- Major Ted A. Wahoske (B) is commander the 7th Comptroller Squadron, 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas.
- Shelby (Nicolaus) Dunski (LS) is managing editor of internal publications at Fairview Health Services in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Todd Teske (B) is president and chief operating officer of Briggs & Stratton Corporation.
- Kristi (Marsden) Hayden (LS) works in grief support at Beloit Regional Hospice. And has two children, Lauren and Taylor,. Her husband, Kevin, is a PC support analyst at Woodward Governor in Rockton, Ill.
- Pollyanna St. Louis-Mariades (LS) of Bosque, N.M. will finish graduate school in December 2008. She is earning a master’s in education – special education emphasis.
- Dale Sweere (B) and ’89 MBA director of human resources for Stanley Consultants in Muscatine, Iowa, was elected a member of his company’s board of directors.
- Donald Becker (LS) serves on the Rogers Memorial Hospital Board of Directors in Oconomowoc. He also serves as chairman of the hospital’s Foundation board.
- Lisa (Hochtritt) Gaylor (LS) was named art education chair at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design in Denver, Colo.
- Joy Smith (LS) received an enthusiastic review for her children’s book Why Won’t Anyone Play with Me? in the December 2007 issue of Children’s Bookwatch. Smith’s short story Paulie is in the December 2007 issue of Art and Prose.
- Julianne (Klemm) Smith (LS) graduated with honors from Gateway Technical College in May of 2007 with a nursing degree. She is employed by Wheaton Fransican Healthcare/All Saints hospital in Racine, Wisc. 2-1-09
- Matthew Weber (LS) and ’87 MS was selected as the September 2008 recipient of the UW-Rock County Foundation's Alumni Awareness Award. He is vice president and general manager of the controls technologies division of SSI Technologies.
- Mike Boehm (B) is human resources systems manager for Greenheck Fan Corporation of Schofield.
- Ann (Buechel) Haack (EHS) and ’88 MSE is superintendent of the Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah School District.
- Jeffrey Penkwitz (B) is golf director and head professional at Big Fish Golf Club in Hayward.
- Judy (Palubicki) Schenk (EHS) and ’94 MSE is principal of Seymour Middle School.
- Jennifer (Strickler) Schimmelpfenning (LS) works for the Aging Disability Resource Center of Calumet, Outagamie and Waupaca Counties. As a disability benefits specialist, she works with consumers ages 18 to 59 who need help with social security disability applications, Medicare and medical assistance.
- Michael Hert (EHS) and ’85 MSE has been deployed to Afghanistan to support the missions of Operation Enduring Freedom. He is a civil affairs officer in the Army Reserve with more than 24 years of military service.
- Michelle Kennedy-Coenen (LS) and ’86 MS started her ninth year in private practice as a mental health therapist in Appleton. Her primary areas of interest are women’s issues, depression and pediatric anxiety.
- Todd Mishler (LS), of Janesville, is editor and publisher of BadgerStatePreps.com and BrewersInsiders.com, which belong to the Scout/FoxSports network of Web sites.
- Chris Novak (LS) has worked for Federal Express for more than 23 years. Novak, who spent the past 17 years in corporate training, supporting aircraft operations and regulatory training issues, now serves at the Indianapolis national hub, which supports the central United States and parts of eastern Canada.
- Tammy (T.J.) Bloechl-Rutherford (LS) is assistant editor and Web manager at Savannah Magazine. She is in her second year of graduate school at Savannah State University in Georgia.
- Lori (Burns) Brooks (LS) was part of the NBC broadcast crew for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. She also worked at five previous Olympic games.
- Col. Brian Haebig (LS) commands the 404th Army Field Support Brigade (U.S. Army) at Fort Lewis, Wash. Its mission is to provide Army units in the western United States and Pacific a single commander to assist them with integrating and synchronizing acquisition, logistics and technology. The brigade prepares Army units for war and resets them when they return.
- Deirdre (Berner) Watts (LS) is director of the Center for Economic Education at UW Oshkosh.
- Victoria Faber (EHS) is principal of St. Mary’s School in Richland Center.
- Timothy Jahnke (B) is president and CEO of Elkay Manufacturing Company. He and his wife, ’82 Sharla (Kaster) Jahnke (LS) recently relocated to the Chicago area from Atlanta.
- Terence Bouressa (LS) joined Stellpflug Law, S.C. as a partner in July. He received a law degree from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1983.
- Kevin Cosgrove (EHS) is the University of Minnesota Gopher’s co-defensive coordinator. He has thirteen seasons of experience as an NCAA Division 1 defensive coordinator and 28 seasons of collegiate coaching experience, and was also inducted into the Wisconsin Football Coaches Hall of Fame in 2008.
- Jess Haupt (B) of Texas, and his wife Brenda, started, Buna Bean Coffee, a coffee roasting company that sells primarily to local restaurants and on the internet.
- Edward Hughes (LS) is director of the Rhinelander District Library.
- William Nordstrom (LS) has owned William Nordstrom Jewelers in Menomonee Falls since 1996. He is the Menomonee Falls Community Chamber president and the event chairman for the Big Pig Gig, a Kansas City barbecue competition and music festival. Recently William has co-founded Bella Voi LLC in October. Bella Voi is an in-home boutique style shopping experience, featuring sterling silver and gemstone jewelry from all over the world.
- Ajaykant Ruia (MBA) is the chief executive officer of General Data P. Ltd. in Mumbai, India.
- Francesco “Rocky” Vitale (EHS) is the director of softball and baseball at Diamond for Excellence, a public school academy in British Columbia, Canada.