Expectations of the alumni board members:
Expectations of Alumni Board Members
- To attend all meetings of the Board as scheduled and any special or emergency meetings as may be required.
- To actively participate and attend committee meetings. Each board member is asked to serve on at least one committee.
- To come to meetings prepared to contribute to the discussion of issues and business to be addressed at scheduled meetings, having read the agenda and all background support material relevant to the meeting.
- To thoughtfully review all actions taken by the Board and look to further the mission of the Alumni Association and the University.
- To represent UW Oshkosh and the Alumni Association in a positive and professional manner at all times and in all places. This task may involve talking with prospective students, meeting with or calling other alumni, involving faculty, staff, and current students and their parents in alumni activities, and attending university and alumni activities and programs whenever possible.
- To assist UW Oshkosh and the Alumni Association in identifying, cultivating, and involving alumni in areas such as hosting alumni events, student recruitment, student mentoring, job placement, and more.
- To financially support the University on an annual basis.
In Return, Alumni Board Members Can Expect:
- Their time to be used efficiently for tasks and projects directly related to the University and the Alumni Association goals.
- Support, resources, and regular communication from the University.
- Recognition and acknowledgement for their service and commitment to UW Oshkosh.
- Networking opportunities with other UW Oshkosh alumni and friends committed to the future of the University and the Alumni Association.
Do you see yourself or someone you know fulfilling these roles?