Personal tools
You are here: Home > Elections > Registering to Vote in Oshkosh

Registering to Vote in Oshkosh

Where Am I Eligible to Vote?

Students who live in Oshkosh are eligible to vote in Oshkosh--alternatively, if you are from another area and wish to vote there, you can do that.  It is up to you to decide where you will vote.

If you plan to vote in your parents’ locality, contact your city (or county) clerk to receive an absentee ballot.  A list of phone numbers and email addresses for city clerks in Wisconsin can be found on the state elections website. (


If you plan to vote in Oshkosh, the following section please see the following section for information on registration and polling places.

Remember, you can only vote in one place, and you have to register in the community you plan to vote in.  If you plan to vote in your parents’ locality, contact your city clerk now!

When Do Polls Open and Close:

All voting locations are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.

Sample Ballot:

Where do I vote – Living in Dorms:

Students living in any UW Oshkosh Residence Hall vote at Albee Hall on Campus.

Where do I vote – Living off campus:

a.    Look up location by entering your address
b.    Locate your street address in the Street Listing Guide:
and then locate the corresponding ward polling location here:

Register at the Polls:

You can register to vote on election day. Persons who register or change their address at the polls on election day must present acceptable proof of residence or have their statements substantiated and signed by one other elector from the same municipality who must accompany them to the polls. If this witness is not a registered voter, he or she must also present proof of residence.

Acceptable Forms of proof of residence:

You need proof of identification and a document that verifies your local address. 

Examples of Proof of Identification:  Wisconsin Driver’s License or Wisconsin State ID Card, current U.S. Passport or U.S. Military ID.  If another acceptable proof of identification is unavailable or inconvenient to obtain, you may use a Voter ID Compliant Student ID card.  NOTE:  this is not the same as your TitanCard.  TitanCards are not considered an acceptable or compliant form of ID for voting. 

Titan Central in Reeve Memorial Union can make a Voter ID Compliant Student ID card for you.  The first card is free; the replacement cost is $2.

Examples of documents verifying your local address:  If your WI driver’s license has your current local address on it that is all you need to vote.

If it doesn’t have your local address on it (or you don’t have a WI driver’s license), you can bring a utility bill that has your local address on it.  If you live on-campus or don’t have a utility bill, go to TitanWeb and print off a Voter ID Enrollment Verification Form.  Make sure your local address is correct before you print it.  .  This Voter ID Enrollment Verification qualifies as proof of residence to allow you to register to vote in the district or ward that includes that address. 

You may obtain an Voter ID Enrollment Verification Form by logging into TitanWeb and following these instructions. 

More information about the Voter ID law and acceptable photo ID’s is available at:

·         Voter Photo ID Law Information:

·         Acceptable Photo ID:

·         How to Get a FREE Wisconsin State ID Card:

Am I an Eligible Voter?

If you are a U.S. citizen, will be 18 years of age on or before Election Day, and have been a resident of Wisconsin for at least 10 days prior to registering, you are eligible to vote.  If you are not registered prior to Election Day, you can register at your polling location
Certain individuals may be ineligible to vote: Any person convicted of treason, felony, or bribery that has not completed the terms of his or her sentence including probation, parole or extended supervision; A person who has been determined by a court to be incapable of understanding the objective of the elective process or who is under guardianship; Anyone who has made or become interested, directly or indirectly, in any bet or wager depending upon the result of the election.

More Information Can Be Found On the Oshkosh City Clerk Website:

Additional Resources:

Map of city of Oshkosh:
Limited English Voter resources:

Voters with disabilities requesting additional service:



1.  The information used in this guide on "Am I eligible to register?" was developed by the Elections Division of the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board (  

2. The information under the headings "Acceptable forms of proof of residence" and "Register at the polls" was adapted from the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Voter Information page (


Document Actions
by Lueder, Michael R. last modified Jan 31, 2012 04:56 PM