Lawton Undergraduate Minority Retention Grant
The Lawton Undergraduate Minority Retention Grant (LUMRG) is available to eligible underrepresented racial/ethnic minority students at the University. Eligible students may receive up to $4,000 per academic year for four years with a maximum of $16,000 per student. To be considered (new or returning applicants) for the LUMRG, students must meet all eligibility requirements, complete their FAFSA and a LUMRG application by March 15th, and complete a financial literacy activity on D2L. For more information, contact Irma Burgos or Byron Adams at (920) 424-3081.
- Must have completed at least 24 credits.
- Must be a full-time student at UW Oshkosh (special students and students working towards a second undergraduate degree are not eligible).
- Must be enrolled in and complete at least 24 credits per academic year.
- Must be African American, Hispanic/Latino/a, Native American, or Southeast Asian (Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese, Hmong).
- Must be in good academic standing (earned minimum of a 2.0 official UW Oshkosh cumulative grade point average). To be eligible for renewal, student must be in good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress (must show progression towards degree and improvement in GPA).
- Must be a United States citizen or have permanent resident status.
- Must be a Wisconsin resident (Minnesota reciprocity students are not eligible).
- Must demonstrate financial need via FAFSA application.