The Women’s Center is pleased to offer two $500 scholarships to female students enrolled full-time at UW Oshkosh. Scholarship applications are available from the Women's Center. Application Deadline: March 29, 2013
Applicants should demonstrate:
· Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing for the year the award will be given.
· Good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA)
· A commitment to advancing women’s rights via community service, research, or activism more broadly defined.
Requirements of Scholarship Recipients:
- Recipients will be asked to provide the Women’s Center with a few sentences about what the scholarship and the Women’s Center means to them for use on the Women’s Center website and in other marketing materials.
1. Applications are available from the Women’s Center website and the Women’s Center.
2. Selection will be made by a committee composed of the Women’s Center director and two UW Oshkosh faculty members.
3. In the event the conditions in the future shall render impractical or impossible to fulfill the purposes for which this scholarship has been established, the President of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Foundation in consultation with the Provost shall award the scholarship to worthy applicants who most closely fit the above established criteria.
The scholarship award shall be credited to the recipient’s next tuition obligation incurred at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.