Scholarship for National Conference for College Women Leaders
The Oshkosh AAUW branch, in conjunction with the Women’s Center and the Chancellor’s Office at UW Oshkosh, is pleased to offer a scholarship to a female identified enrolled student at UW Oshkosh for attendance at the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL) from June 5th-June 7th, 2014 at University of Maryland, College Park. (Opportunities for exploration of Washington D. C. will be provided through the conference.)
Applicants should demonstrate:
- That they will be returning to UW Oshkosh and utilizing the skills they learned at the Conference to further their student leadership
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- A commitment to advancing women’s rights via community service, research, or activism more broadly defined
- A commitment to attending the conference with active participation
- *Prior to application, applicants must become an affiliate member of the AAUW (affiliate membership is FREE to students; see aauw.org/membership)*
- Applicants must attend the UW Oshkosh Elect Her! training on February 15, 2014.
1) Applications are available from the Women’s Center’s website and at the Women’s Center. They will also be made available at the Elect Her! training on February 15th.
2) Selection will be made by a committee composed of the Women’s Center director, a UW Oshkosh faculty member, and the AAUW campus liaison.
Requirements of Scholarship Recipients:
The recipient will be asked to provide the local AAUW chapter with a 500-word statement about their experience, the importance of the AAUW and what the local branch does for Oshkosh. This statement will be used for marketing and promotional materials during the local branch’s 2014 centennial year. The recipient will be invited to present their conference experiences to the local AAUW branch at one of the monthly meetings in fall 2014.
Scholarship Information: The Oshkosh branch of the AAUW will pay the $395 early bird registration fee (recipients of the scholarship must register by April 10, 2014). This registration fee includes housing and some meals (as listed on the NCCWSL website). The scholarship will also provide up to $400 in travel expenses, courtesy of Chancellor Wells. The scholarship recipient is responsibility for any and all remaining costs or fees. For additional information about what your registration fee includes, please visit the conference website: www.nccwsl.org