Women & Science Program
Promoting excellence and diversity in STEM education
We envision a future in which education in the STEM disciplines is accessible and attractive to diverse students resulting in STEM fields enriched by diverse practitioners.
The mission of the Women & Science Program is to attract and retain more women and minority students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) by promoting systematic changes in the ways that science and science education are regarded and carried out within the University of Wisconsin System, the Wisconsin community and beyond.
In particular, the program seeks to:
- increase faculty expertise in inclusive and student-centered pedagogy;
- promote science education that includes analysis of the social context in which science is practiced;
- provide role models of women and minority STEM professionals, scholars, and educators;
- promote campus & classroom climates that attract and retain women and minority students in STEM disciplines; and
- foster collaborative communities for UW System STEM educators and students.