The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Writing Center aims to help all students become better writers.
- We assist both experienced and inexperienced writers through free, one-to-one, collaborative sessions with trained peer consultants.
- We work with writers at any stage of the writing process for any assignment or project and in any discipline.
- We provide a comfortable, friendly, nonjudgmental place to explore and develop ideas and to become better writers and critical thinkers through collaborative learning, while recognizing that writers must take full authority over their own writing.
- Our core philosophy is that no one is ever finished becoming a better writer. Getting feedback on writing is a standard part of the writing process for all writers, even professors.
- We offer a peer-centered, collaborative approach to writing assistance that places development before form or format while responding to individual writers' needs, a model supported by decades of international research in writing center theory and best practices.
- We strive to offer a friendly, supportive atmosphere for writers from diverse backgrounds and life experiences who have a wide range of writing needs.