17th & 18th Century Colonization
Teacher lesson plans and work products relating to events/themes during the 1600s and 1700s.
- Scott Boesel -- English Colonization of N. America in 17th Century (Year 1)
- Scott Boesel, 8th grade teacher at Prairie River Middle School (Merrill), prepared a lesson plan entitled "The Colony Game – A simulation of English colonization of North America in the 17th Century."
- Sarah Ver Voort -- Lost Colony of Roanoke (Year 1)
- Shiocton Elementary School 5th grade teacher Sarah Ver Voort developed a series of lesson plans that help her students explore various historical figures from the Lost Colony, the Elizabethan Era, the English v. Spain battles, and other topics from that era.
- Marci Waldron-Kuhn -- Jamestown Experience (Year 1)
- Mishicot High School teacher Marci Waldron-Kuhn created a series of lesson plans that explore important facets of and persons from the Jamestown experience, including the use of primary documents.