"I've only taken a few courses at another campus and I'm trying to decide when to transfer. What is unique about the UW Oshkosh program of general education?"
At UW Oshkosh, earning your degree and launching your career is more than a journey -- it is a Quest. You can expect:
- small classes and the opportunity to ask the big questions.
- learning communities.
- passionate professors who have designed the courses they teach.
- peer mentors to assure your success.
- alumni mentors to make valuable community connections.
- community projects that will provide high-value learning opportunities.
- electronic learning portfolios.
"Will my general education courses transfer to UW Oshkosh?"
All transfer agreements will be honored. If you are transferring to UW Oshkosh, we are committed to your success.
- The Admissions Office will help you determine the total number of credits you will be transferring (29 or less, 30-59, or 60 or greater). Then, you can work with an adviser to determine a personalized plan.
- If you transfer in with fewer than 30 credits, you will have the opportunity to participate in USP.
"I have fewer than 30 credits. How will the University Studies Program make me better when I'm done with it?"
You will build a better, richer resume! Long before you earn your degree, employers will notice you are better prepared, culturally savvy and have community connections. You will stand out.
"Will the University Studies Program take longer or cost more than other general education programs, especially if I transfer?"
This program is efficient and cost-effective. Be sure to meet with your academic adviser to choose the courses you need and want. An advisor can also help you determine "degree" requirements for specific majors. Those courses are different than USP's "general education" course requirements.