Course Development Resources
As you prepare your Quest III courses, you may find the following documents useful.
- Quest III Syllabus Checklist: This is a full list of the elements required in all Quest III syllabi.
- Quest III Sample Syllabus Language: This document contains language you may wish to use or modify for your own syllabus.
- Writing Student Learning Outcomes: A brief guide to help you create assessable student learning outcomes for your course.
Many thanks to all of those who participated in the January 2013 workshops. Your commitment of time and creative energy to this endeavor is impressive and much appreciated! Thinking ahead to the course approval process, please note the following deadlines for draft syllabi, final syllabi and course approval forms:
- Draft Syllabi: Send draft syllabi to email@example.com by June 14, 2013.
All course proposers must submit a draft for Quest III. When we have your completed draft, we can process the first half of your stipend payment, to be included on your Aug. 1, 2013 paycheck.
- Feedback on Draft Syllabi: We will provide feedback by July 1, 2013 for every syllabus we receive by the June 14 deadline.
- Final Syllabi: Send final syllabi to firstname.lastname@example.org and also to your department chair by July 26, 2013.
We will process the second half of your stipend payment upon receipt of your final syllabus. This payment will appear on your Sept. 1, 2013 paycheck.
- Course Approval forms: All final syllabi and course approval forms must leave the department by July 31, 2013 in order for these new courses to begin their journey through the course approval process.
To learn more about Quest III, read the Faculty Senate-approved Quest III Parameters to learn more about its unique aspects.