USP Teaching Opportunities
As our teaching community collaborates to create the new University Studies Program (USP), which will intentionally connect general education courses at UW Oshkosh through content and high-impact practices.
The University anticipates the need for part-and full-time instructors for the 2013-2014 academic year.
These instructors need to be able to:
- address a Signature Question from a disciplinary perspective, teaching courses that have been identified and approved for the University Studies Program
- collaborate with other instructors in the University Studies Program and a home department, to coordinate student learning outcomes and the implementation of high-impact practices
- participate in professional development with the USP teaching community (beginning in August, 2013 and extending throughout the academic year)
- advocate for the value of a liberal arts education
- address the specific learning needs of all students in their first two years of college, demonstrating commitment to the campus aims of Inclusive Excellence