Outstanding Performance Award
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh recognizes the contributions of University Staff, limited-term employees and project appointment employees by selecting individuals for an Outstanding Performance Award. The Award recognizes excellence in providing service to the University community and emphasizes its importance to the academic environment and overall reputation of the University as a whole.
- Current University Staff, limited-term employees and project appointment employees who are at least 50 percent FTE and have worked at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh for at least three years are eligible for the award.
- Never received the award.
- Demonstrated excellence in providing service and quality in one's area of assignment, the University, and or community utilizing the following documentation:
- Be nominated by University personnel and/or students, self-nominations will be accepted.
- Two letters of support (one side only per letter)
- Brief philosophical statement: What does it mean to you to be an employee of UW Oshkosh (one side only)
- Participation in University/Community activities (one side only)
- Brief description of how you do your job, any special projects you have been involved in. Anything that you have done beyond your job description. (one side only)
In the spring of each year, nominations for the Outstanding Performance Award will be solicited, but may be received at any time. All University personnel and students are eligible and encouraged to submit nominations.
- Selection Committee
The Awards and Recognition Committee as appointed by the University Staff Council.
- Nominations will be received by the Awards and Recognition Committee by May 1, 4:30 p.m.*
- The Committee will verify the employment of nominees. All eligible and non-eligible nominees will be notified by May 15.
- Documentation from each nominee must be submitted to the committee by June 15, 4:30 p.m.*
- The Committee will draw up a list of no more than four (4) and no less than two (2) individuals they recommend for receipt of the Award. This list should NOT be ranked.
- The Committee's recommendations and supporting documentation will be forwarded by July 14 to the Chancellor, who will select the recipient(s) of the Award. If the Chancellor needs additional information, clarification, or advice, he/she will request a meeting with the Awards and Recognition Committee.
- A framed certificate signed by the Chancellor and Provost.
- An additional award provided by the Chancellor.
- A picture of the winner and a synopsis of documentation will be placed in the annual opening day ceremony booklet.
- A picture of the winner will be placed on a plaque that is hung in the Administrative Building.
- A picture of the winner and a synopsis of documentation will be placed on the USC website.
The Outstanding Performance Award is presented during the University's annual opening day ceremony in the fall.
*If the dates listed land on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be the next UW Oshkosh business day.