The open layout of the college campus provides an ideal environment for thieves. Taking a few precautions will go a long way so that you do not become another victim.
- Never leave personal possessions unattended.
- Always keep money in a safe place and withdraw only necessary cash.
- Be careful with keys. Keep them in a secure place. Never label keys with your name and address or room number.
- Take care of your own property and that of the university.
- Avoid keeping pin numbers and bank cards in the same place. Put your pin number somewhere safe.
- Carry your check book and credit card separately.
- Keep your cell phone in a safe place.
- Remember your friend probably won't steal from you, but his / her friend might!
If You Are a Victim
- Contact the police immediately and give them as much information as possible.
- Always ask the police for your case number to support any insurance claim.
- Don’t rely on others for your safety. You are ultimately responsible for your safety.