Safety at Home
Whether you are living on or off campus, safety always matters.
Make sure the door closes behind you and no one enters after you.
You have the right to ask someone to scan their ID or provide proof that they live in your building.
- Lock your doors every time you leave.
- Do not put your room number or name on keys as they may be lost.
- Ensure that door and window locks are working.
- Secure them every time you go out and before you go to bed.
- Have your landlord to fix any locks or improve security where needed.
- Take anything valuable home with you during vacation.
- Protect your belongings; try to personalize items so that they are easily recognized.
- When arriving home ask the driver to wait until you are inside your home.
- Have your keys ready to let yourself in quickly.
- If there are signs of intrusion when you return home, do not enter. Go to a trusted neighbor and call the police.