-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
On an individual level, I commit to:
- Exploring my own identity and background.
- Educating myself about cultures other than my own.
- Thinking more about the diversity within my community.
- Questioning my own assumptions or stereotypes that I apply to a category of people.
On an interpersonal level, I commit to:
- Sharing diversity knowledge I learn with others.
- Using respectful, inclusive language.
- Speaking up when I hear bias remarks, prejudicial jokes, or an y other form of offensive language.
- Intervening if I witness a form of bullying or harassment.
On the community level, I commit to:
- Participating in another campus diversity event, initiative or movement.
- Joining an organization working toward social justice.
- Reporting a bias incident that I am aware of.
- Advocating for a cause I am passionate about.
Making a change means personally taking action. What is your action plan for this year?
I will continue doing:
I will start doing:
I will do differently:
I will stop doing: