We have a responsibility to be aware; take action.
Can you relate to any of these?
- Your brother consistently makes anti-Semitic comments.
- Your neighbor uses the N-word in casual conversation.
- Your co-worker ribs you about your Italian last name, asking if you're in the mafia.
- Your classmate insults something by saying, "That's so gay" or "That's so retarded."
- You laugh along uncomfortably and stand there thinking, "What can I say in response to that?" You may even walk away frustrated and angry, without saying anything, thinking regrettably later, that you should have.
Watch Tom's Talk.