The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh’s College of Nursing and its Board of Visitors recognized the nursing profession and its most outstanding nurses at the 16th-annual Nightingale Awards Dinner May 8 in Reeve Memorial Union, 748 Algoma Blvd.
The awards banquet was held during National Nurses’ Week and in honor of the May 12 birthday of the founder of modern nursing, Florence Nightingale.
Of the 27 nominees, nine nurses were awarded the Nightingale Award for Excellence in Nursing Practice and received a cash award of $1,000 and an original piece of artwork representing the spirit of Florence Nightingale. The commemorative art pieces, commissioned by Affinity Health Systems, were engraved with the winner’s name.
The following nurses were awarded this distinction:
- Susan Ashton, Winnebago County Health Department
- Jonathan Kuehn, Aspirus Wausau Hospital
- Sherri McLaughlin, Mercy Medical Center
- Charlene Messenger, Wisconsin Resource Center
- Francis Meyer, Professional Home Care Providers
- Tracy Monte, Diabetic Clinic
- Fran Nelson, the Nelson Family Clinic
- Vicky Parsons, Berlin Memorial Hospital
- Mary Tamblin, Ripon Medical Center