The 2007-2008 Student Leadership and Involvement Awards were held April 28 in Reeve Memorial Union. The event was sponsored by the Office of the Chancellor, the Student Leadership and Involvement Center and the Graduation Awards Committee.
The ceremony honored UW Oshkosh students and faculty for their dedication and achievements in campus organizations, and honored May graduates with leadership awards.
Recipients of the Organizational Leadership and Involvement Awards, presented by Petra Roter, vice chancellor for student affairs, are as follows:
- Advisor of the Year — Mary DeMunck, Health, Physical Education, Exercise Science and Recreation Club
- Community Service or Contribution to the Community Award — Oshkosh Student Nurses Association
- Co-Sponsorship Program of the Year — Order of Omega
- Innovation and Creativity Award — Health, Physical Education, Exercise Science and Recreation Club
- Most Improved Organization Award — Circle K
- Outstanding Academic/Educational Program Award — Model United Nations
- Outstanding Cultural Event Award — International Student Association
- Outstanding Emerging Leader Award — Ann-Marie Brewer
- Outstanding Student Leaders Award — Emily Westover
- Outstanding Student Organization President Award — Rebecca Rennert
- Publicity of the Year Award — Reeve Union Board
- Social Event Award — Reeve Union Board
Graduation Awards for Excellence, presented by Provost and Vice Chancellor Lane Earns, included recognition of May 2008 commencement class speakers and recipients of the Student Leadership Award and Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges. Recipients of these awards also will be recognized in the May 2008 commencement program.