The following Class Notes were received since the last issue of eNews.
Send your news by visiting www.uwosh.edu/alumni/contact/information-update.php.
- 71 William Weber (LS) of Richland, Washington, has been named an Inaugural Fellow in the Materials Research Society for his “seminal contributions, leadership, mentoring and innovative research on defects, defect properties, ion-solid interactions, radiation effects and models of radiation damage processes in glasses and ceramics.” 4-1-08.
- 72 Thomas Sphatt, (LS) a chairman/chief of operations & finance, for Park Crest Holdings, Inc., based in Charleston, West Virginia, recently became a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives, the nation’s leading professional society for healthcare leaders. 4-1-08.
- 73 Mark Hanson (EHS) of Delavan received the Herb Kohl Fellowship Award for his excellent teaching and compassionate care for the students. 4-1-08.
- 75 Michelle (Weinberger) Burns (LS) will be retiring from human services after more than 30 years. Michelle has worked in Waupaca, Calumet, and Outagamie Counties. 4-1-08.
- 82 Thomas Rettler (B) of Mequon was appointed senior vice president and chief financial officer of Menasha Corporation. 4-1-08.
- 88 Dave Price (LS) spent time working in Alaska and out of Seattle as Federal Fisheries Observer for NMFS on Berring Sea fishing boats and shore side processing plants, Colorado BLM as Aquatic Technician, and Wisconsin DNR as Wildlife Technician/Forestry Technician III. 4-1-08.
- 89 Ronald Bradley (MBA) has accepted the position of General Counsel for Capitol Lien Records & Research, Inc. at the corporate office in St. Paul, Minnesota. 4-1-08.
- 90 Marty Loy (MSE) has been reappointed as head of the School of Health Promotion and Human Development at the University of Wisconsin at Steven’s Point. 4-1-08.
- 92 Tamara (Cook) Dever (LS) is the owner of TLC Graphics based in Austin, TX, and is proud to announce that four of their books are finalists for the national ForWord Magazine Book of the Year Awards. Another is a finalist for the Montaigne Medal. 4-1-08.
- 92 Carolyn (Verage) Scholl (LS) has been promoted to the position of county conservationist and department head for Vilas County. 4-1-08.
- 93 Randy Guttenberg (EHS) will become the superintendent for the Waunakee School District. 4-1-08.
- 95 Mark Endries (LS) and ’00 (MS) of Tallahassee, FL, and his wife Rebecca, just had their first child, as son, named Ian. 4-1-08.
- 95 Lisa (Rowe) Peplinski (N) Lisa Rowe-Peplinski has accepted the position of Vice President of Quality Improvement at Riverview Hospital in Wisconsin Rapids. 4-1-08.
- 96 Mark Habeck (LS) of Oshkosh is the new jail administrator for the Winnebago County Jail. 4-1-08.
- 98 Jim Golembeski (MPA) of The Bay Area Workforce Development board had an interview with the Green Bay Press-Gazette where he touched upon issues facing employees across the state and nation. 4-1-08.
- 00 Joe Bartz (LS) As of this past fall, he has entered a performance program in Germany, called Konzert. 4-1-08.
- 00 Kristene Stacker (N) of the Town of Clayton, is the new executive director of the Fox Cities Community Health Center. 4-1-08.
- 00 Jodi (Wierzbicki) Wiebelhaus (N) received her Masters of Science in Nursing in May 2007 from Concordia University of Wisconsin. She currently works as a family nurse practitioner in Mukwonago. Her husband, Curt Wiebelhaus (B) ’00 currently works for VJS Construction Services as a project manager. They are expecting their third child this spring. 4-1-08.
- 01 Ann Matakas (N) has started the MSN program in Houston at UTMB as a nurse practitioner student. 4-1-08.
- 02 Erik Ernst (LS) of Sun Prairie was hired by Wisconsin Public Television as promotion manager. 4-1-08.
- 04 Andrew Robinson (LS) was promoted to the position of Finance Officer in January of Stewart Title Group in Washington D.C. 4-1-08.
- 05 Chad Selenske (MBA) After spending 2.5 years with the Marshfield Clinic as a physician recruiter for the east division based in Wausau, he has transitioned to the Clinic’s Development Department as a Major Gifts Officer as of March 24. 4-1-08.
- 06 Seth Annoye (LS) graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C. from the Army National Guard. 4-1-08.
- 06 Michele (Sankey) Green (EHS) married Joe Green on February 23. Joe is a graduate of Winona State University and got his masters from Viterbo University. They both currently live in Black River Falls and work for the Black River Falls School District. 4-1-08.
- 07 Tim Herrick (LS) and (B) of Neenah is working with Randstad, the second largest staffing firm in the world. 4-1-08.
- 08 Zak Hennessy (LS) is working at Milwaukee’s Primum Marketing Communications as PR specialist. 4-1-08.
- B Business
- EHS Education and Human Services
- LS Letters and Science
- N Nursing
- AD Associate Degree
- MA Master of Arts
- MS Master of Science
- MBA Master of Business Administration
- MSE Master of Science in Education
- MSN Master of Science in Nursing
- MPA Master of Public Administration
- MST Master of Science in Teaching
Find class notes from previous issues at www.uwosh.edu/alumni/classmate-connections/class-notes.php. Send your news by visiting www.uwosh.edu/alumni/contact/information-update.php.