Radio TV film students from the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh were honored at the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association student conference held on March 4 in Middleton.
UWO took home nine awards for student productions.
UWO’s Titan TV took two first place awards. The weekly Titan TV News was voted best TV newscast. Student news director Thomas Campbell oversaw production with anchors Nick Bode, Samantha Philip and Alonzo Fuller and with Ashley Stewart, Emily Sonntag, Erin Liston, Christine Juhas, Brooke Bayer, Thomas Campbell, Dyson Webster, Tervor Woloszyk, Amanda Beistle, Laura Dickinson, Savannah Lenz and Sher Lee on the production crew.
The other Titan TV first place honor was in the category of best public affairs program for “The C Life.” Christine Juhas, Tyler Stricker, Brooke Bayer and Ryan Knuteson produced the program with Amanda Beistle, Lee Marshall, Trevor Wolosyk, Brittany Klotz, Keynen Butler, Allyssa Lile, Gary Dodge, Brianna Allen, and Aaron Flannery on the crew.
UWO’s WRST-FM also took a first place award in the category for non-play-by-play sports programming. The station’s weekly talk show “The Sports Page” was honored for its episode of Oct. 17 last year. Sports director Hunter Magdanz and senior talk producer Max McGilligan co-hosted the effort.
Other awards going to UWO productions include:
Public Affairs-Talk Show/Radio
- Second place for a live radio interview with UWO Chancellor Andrew Leavitt
- Third place for an interview with a UWO student who is part of a group to be the first college to launch a rocket into space
- Second place for an audio promo for WRST’s “Afterparty” program
- Third place for a long-form feature report on an exhibit of WWII airplane nose art at the EAA museum
- Third place for “UWO in 30”
- Third place to Titan TV for a women’s volleyball contest between UWO and UW-Platteville
Forty-eight students shared these nine awards. UWO has won 108 WBA awards since the student production competition began in 2004.
The UWO students attending the conference were accompanied by RTF instructors Justine Stokes and Randall Davidson.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today.