The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Police will participate in the Run with the Cops fundraiser Thursday, Oct. 6.
The event, a fundraiser that benefits Special Olympics Wisconsin, will include police officers from more than 25 local law enforcement agencies. This is the third annual Run with the Cops event.
The run begins on the UW Oshkosh campus at 7:30 p.m.; registration begins at 5 p.m.
6 a.m. – Lot # 13 areas closed for event preparation
1 p.m. – Event Setup
5 p.m. – Event Registration Begins and Emergency Vehicles arrive for display (Lot # 13).
6:30 p.m. – Kids 1K run on Pearl Ave
7:30 p.m. – 5K Run/Walk throughout the core campus
9 p.m. – End of the Event
- Emergency Vehicle Display – UW Oshkosh Lot # 13 will be closed starting early morning on Oct. 6 through the end of the event.
- Kids 1K Closures – Pearl Avenue to close from Osceola Street to Rockwell Avenue from 6:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. for the kids 1K course.
Roadways will be affected throughout the above areas from approximately 6:30 p.m. and until roughly 8:30/9 p.m. Oshkosh Police Department along with several other area squad cars will help direct both participants and non-participants throughout the area of the event.
- High Avenue will close completely around 7 p.m. from Rockwell Avenue to Osceola Street and it will remain closed for approximately 60 minutes. After that initial time period the roadway will open intermittently until the run course is cleared and then it will be completely open by about 9 p.m.
- Algoma Boulevard will also close completely from approximately 7 p.m. to approximately until about 9 p.m. from Elmwood Avenue to Woodland Avenue. Small portions may be available to cars intermittently throughout this period of time but more than likely no parking will be allowed in Lot # 15.
- Wisconsin Street will have an official detour to go around the area for approximately 60-90 minutes starting around 7 p.m.
- Elmwood Avenue will be closed intermittently in areas from about 7:30 p.m. until 9 p.m.